Mobilepay now needs Google Play Services

That is normal. Just add that to the update black list.

MicroG is there doing its thing and being convincing enough in faking itself to be the Google Play Services. The MicroG components may show up under false names in various Android app store apps, be careful to not accidentally “update all”. As suggested, blacklisting any “Google” component whenever they show up in appstore apps prevents them from showing up for update in the future.

DO NOT UPDATE, obviously.

1 Like

The latest version of Mobilepay looks like it works as it should, so far.

2 Likes

Confirm, the version 7.7.0 (4401344) does make it past the bounching dots and to the main view, and the app can take the minimizing-maximizing without becoming black and unresponsive in the process. Other Android apps being open isn’t causing any issues either.

Gotta love Danske Bank still giving you the occasional 404 multifail just to keep it real.

However it still doesn’t work without MicroG like the old version used to do.

Just in case, there is also this updated tread about Microg installation:

And the most recent one, iirc:

3 Likes

I managed to make a payment with 7.6.1 this week. I had to use the bottom bar tap trick to make the page render and then click on the right sport, taking into account the shifted bottom elements. That’s really janky, even in my books, but it did work…

Indeed, now updating to 7.7.0 fixes the non-rendering front page after the three dots (X10III+MicroG).

I’m just adding a confirmation of that combination of MobilePay version 7.7.0 (4401344), Xperia 10 and MicroG 0.3.0 seems to be working.

2 Likes

I’ve now reinstalled Mobilepay 7.8.0 (4401419) from scratch, and it seems to work a lot better than their initial attempts (using MicroG Companion 0.2.1, Services 0.2.27.223616, Services Framework Proxy 0.1.0 & al). However, now I can’t get past the “confirm your identity” phase, because it can’t locate a browser it can use. The suggestion of installing Chrome isn’t that enticing, but is this how you got past that?

@ExTechOp You may want to try if it could find Chromium-based Cromite or Mulch instead, available in F-Droid.

I have no idea if it can, but Chrome will insist on installing some additional bits and I don’t know if they uninstall with Chrome.

For some reason, I cannot locate either Cromite or Mulch on F-Droid?

You need to first install their own repos on the F-Droid:

Link for the Cromite repo can be found here: GitHub - uazo/cromite: Cromite a Bromite fork with ad blocking and privacy enhancements; take back your browser!

A word of caution, though: Cromite seems to be quite a resource hog for me at least, and seems to drain my battery fast if left open in the background. Bromite was a nice one, sad that it got obsolete a year back or so.

Sigh, Cromite installs and works just fine, Mobilepay is able to access it, and the authentication request goes through (only tried “Mobiilivarmenne” as that’s the easiest for me), but somehow the results don’t end up back with Mobilepay and it says “The authentication failed”.

If you have any other apps open, I woild try closing them. Maybe also rebooting the phone so that the Android run is as clean as possible.

Unfortunately the same result with a just-booted phone: once the authentication result goes through, Cromite does not return correctly to Mobilepay (this time tried both Mobiilivarmenne and Bank authentication, the browser just sits there), and switching manually back to Mobilepay just says “failed”.

Next up: Mulch. After that I’m at my wit’s end.

https://divestos.org/pages/our_apps#repos

Yes, that did it! With Mulch the authentication worked using Mobiilivarmenne.

I was able to send money to top-up my ePassi personal balance (albeit it no longer automatically switches over to Mobilepay, you have to do it manually), so transferring money actually works.

2 Likes

@ExTechOp is your regular browser something very peculiar, or is it a native to Sailfish OS? At least the FAQ on MobilePay (which opens to external browser) offers me various options of external Android browsers like Firefox and Kiwi Browser and even the regular Sailfish Browser.

I shouldn’t think that being a Chromium-based browser really can be a requirement here. Maybe the next forum member doing a clean MobilePay installation will want to try using Firefox, Opera or some other popular non-Chromium thing for authentication. Or even the Sailfish Browser.

In Denmark I use Samsung Internet Browser when the Danish ID-system (MitID) require ID confirmation.

Samsung Internet Browser is available from Aurora Store, and is integrating with Android just like Chrome. After installation you need to set Samsung Internet Browser as default browser for the confirmation. After that you can always switch default browser back to native.

I have both the native Sailfish browser and Firefox on my phone, but for some reason neither seemed to be okay with Mobilepay. I have no idea how it tried to find them, but perhaps marking either as “default” from the Android point of view might have made a difference?