Media Player: Add entire Albums to Playlist

Hi,
Is it just me who would like to be able to add an entire album to playlists? As it is now you have to do it track by track.

Say that I have 3 albums from singer John Doe. If I would like to merge them into one playlist, I have to add each song, from each album, into my playlist one by one: John Doe -> Album 1 -> Track 1; John Doe -> Album 1 -> Track 2; John Doe -> Album 1 -> Track 3; John Doe -> Album 1 -> Track 4… John Doe -> Album 3 -> Track N. Extreemly annoying and time consuming.

It would be so much easier to be able to add album 1, 2 and then 3 to the playlist.

Alternatively: Have an option to select what artist to play that then play all albums and tracks you have from that artist.

Cheers,

Eva

2 Likes

You can do that with Unplayer from Store or Openrepos.

1 Like

There are probably plenty of media players in wich this is posible. :slightly_smiling_face: This was a wish / feedback in regards to the native Sailfish media player. When possible I prefer to use the native apps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Jolla’s media player isn’t installed by default and can always be removed, so you can just consider Unplayer to be the native Sailfish media player. It is a native Sailfish application, after all, and it’s much better. It offers a lot of flexibility with regards to playlists and play queues, yet it’s still very easy to use.

I appologise for not expressing myself clearly. With “native Sailfish media player” and “native apps” I meant “native Jolla media player” and “native Jolla apps”.

Sorry for the confustion,

Eva

1 Like