Making Calls Over Wi-Fi - duplicate, just use search term "VoWiFi"

Leider lebe ich in einer digitalen Wüste, der Funkempfang ist misetabel. Deshalb habe ich biylang mit meinem.iPhone über WLAN telefoniert. Geht das beim neuen Jolla Phone auch? Weiß jemand, wo man das einstellen kann?

MOD Deepl translation:
Unfortunately, I live in a digital desert—cell service is terrible. That’s why I’ve been making calls with my iPhone over Wi-Fi for a while now. Does that work with the new Jolla Phone, too? Does anyone know where to set that up?

No, right now, not. Its on Jollas roadmap but not with a high priority.

German: Nein, das geht (noch) nicht. Jolla hat das Thema VoWiFi zwar aufm Schirm, aber das kann noch eine Weile dauern, bis das wirklich kommt.

Hier im Forum ist die Standardsprache Englisch. Wenn du deine Fragen auf Deutsch stellen willst, dann wechsel bitte in diesen Thread: Talk about SailfishOS in German 2 - Unterhalte dich über SailfishOS auf Deutsch

5 Likes

Not only is the language English here - you could also have found this information by searching.

Cmon @attah
We all know that this could have been found by searching.
But you will not change that generation that is more likely to just ask something, go watch another TukTuk or annoyGram or … by repeating and repeating and repeating that.

Nevertheless, I totally agree!!!
And I also feel “offended”/annoyed/affronted by such behaviour!!!

–

I really hate that kind of spoonfeeding that other members see as courtesy:


Is that so hard? Or inconvenient? Or too complex? Or not worth the effort (so that other people can do that for one)?

3 Likes

This “not worth to read” is not very polite. Would be nice if you remove that part again.

I also think, people should search before asking, but there are people out there, who are not fluently and comfortable in english and dont know all technical terms - than searching for VoWiFi is not an easy task.

2 Likes

Is it really?

How about our feelings?

–
Today I am in the mood for a discussion :frowning:

–
And:
What is this thread giving you as information or even add-on as all the other already available info in this forum?
Instead of cluttering it up and make it even harder to find the right info!

Absolutely.

Language is one thing, but insisting he should have been searching for VoWIFI, a term which I, who works in IT am reading the first time, is a bit silly.

2 Likes

Good, that we have AI now!
How else should this world survive and continue to rotate?

Books are not needed anymore, experience is just seconds a prompt away, self-education…

And yes, today I am a grumpy old white man.