List of application affected by SailJail

You must install deadbeef-silica from storeman, some dependencies are needed.

1 Like

Well, installing Storeman seems even more complicated, if even possible.

I’ll survive without 3. party apps I guess

You can, in terminal, as user:

/usr/bin/sailfish-browser https://github.com/storeman-developers/harbour-storeman-installer/releases/download/v1.2.2/harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm

Chose the download place, beware the browser’s notification, click on it, click install.
Sometimes needs reboot after installer is installed iirc.

The installer installs, but does nothing, which as far as I can tell is the intended functionality until some piece of underlying infrastructure is updated by Jolla.

But what would I know, *nix isn’t my field

Did you reboot?
I think I had to do so.
Or maybe, I directly (or additionally, I don’t remember) ran:

/usr/bin/sailfish-browser https://github.com/storeman-developers/harbour-storeman/releases/download/sfos4.2_release%2F0.3.0-4/harbour-storeman-0.3.0-4.armv7hl.rpm

Not very precise but hope it still helps.

Well, it just worked, so there it is. I guess the battery has run down at least once since I last tried.

I had given up, so thanks

Damn. I just noticed that Audioworks IS effected. It’s odd. It’s very much like Videoworks (py calling ffmpeg). But videoworks works with default (aka, applied by sailfish) permissions. Audioworks does not. It’s really hard to debug. Audioworks doesn’t even work with Sanbox=disabled. But it does work when started from the command line (or sdk). Strange since it does almost exactly what Videoworks does to open files, write temp (to .cache!) and so on.

It should be:
[X-Sailjail]
Sandboxing=Disabled

1 Like

I tried that, of course. To no avail.

EDIT: It does work. I must have had a typo in there.

Strange. It’s not necessary with Videoworks. I don’t get it.

Btw. Fernschreiber seems to be fixed

Yes, right , Fernschreiber works for me too.

1 Like

It’s very strange, but Videoworks IS able to call ffmpeg when directly installed from store. BUT it’s not working properly either. Strange that it is able to call ffmpeg and load a video. I’m releasing Sandboxing disabled versions on openrepos and chum.

I got audio MMS message and I can’t play that. It opens Media Player but it can’t find audio file.
Could it be affected by SailJail. (XA2, 4.4.0.58)

I did some digging into that thing.
You can disable default profile/ sandboxing by editing : /etc/sailjail/config/50-enable-sandboxing.conf

Blockquote
[Default Profile]
Enabled=false

I downgraded my app to previous version and look like it’s fine, several legacy app are back to life too

Note editing /home/.system/var/lib/sailjail/settings/user-100000.settings might by necessary too. Also note if some sailjail config is set on the desktop file, it’s going to be used.

Also for me weather app stop working (from launcher, fine from console) ! I had to edit the desktop file and change to Exec=sailfish-weather to have it working again
(ps : that was before I did any change so one more problem with sailjail, serioulsy…)

Again and again is it is recommended here and elsewhere to edit the .desktop file.

A much better way is to put a new .desktop file of the same name in /etc/sailjail/applications, and in it put only the [X-Sailjail] (or [Sailjail]) part of the original. Usually Sandboxing=disabled, but it can also be used to add or remove Permissions. .

This way you will not get your chages overwritten by application updates.

4 Likes

It took some time, but I found the issues in Videoworks and Audioworks. There were extra calls to system utilities (which, for instance) not permitted. Fixed and releases going out…

1 Like

Seems like a good point, but then again if someone is still updating their app and doesn’t take into account sailjail… there’s something wrong

I came here because Talefish doesn’t pick up audio from Media anymore since I installed Sailfish on the 10 III so I can’t use this app on my new phone.The installed audiobook is in Files and in Media.
Talefish still works fine on my XA2+ (also with 4.4.0.64).

Are the files in the same location on 10III and XA2+ ? A release with support for sailjail seems to be out.

That’s it, thank you. The way that files are stored in File Browser has changed. Formerly I downloaded an audio file and it came directly in ‘downloads’ and in the Media app as well. I unzipped it with ‘transfers’. Talefish could find it always.
Now: you have to choose in which map you want it. When I choose ‘downloads’ like before, it comes in downloads and in the Media app, but after unzipping Talefish cannot find it anymore.
When I choose ‘music’ as location for downloading, it comes in ‘downloads’. Afte r unzipping I open Talefish and then it comes Media and Talefish can find it.
That’s the change: choose for an audio file always ‘music’ as location.