Jolla returns to the UK, plus a great deal wherever you are

All of the juicy details are on the Jolla Blog, so I won’t go into detail here, but today we have some good news to announce.

1. After a distressing and unfortunate absence, Jolla is returning to selling Sailfish X in the UK. If you’re from the UK, you can now buy Sailfish X directly via the Jolla Shop again.
  2. To celebrate (and also to helpfully coincide with the festive season) we have a Buy One Get One Free offer on all Sailfish X licences purchased.

Visit the Jolla Shop before the end of the year for the offer. You don’t have to be in the UK to benefit from it, and you can use the additional licence to either give to a friend, or save for later… maybe in preparation for the Xperia 10 III release next year?

On a personal note, as someone who lived most of my life in the UK (including when I bought my first Jolla1) this is a really happy day for me. I was quite upset when Jolla had to stop selling in the UK, and I know I wasn’t alone.

We also have many users in other countries, and the great news is that the UK will be a trial for expansion to customers elsewhere too. If that’s you, please let us know in the comments where you’d like us to go next.

17 Likes

Jolla Store link should be shop.jolla.com

Happy to see also an official confirmation of “the Xperia 10 III release next year”. :eyes:

2 Likes

Ooops. Thank you! Now fixed.

2 Likes

Not quite there yet! It should be “Jolla Shop” instead of “Jolla Store”. Jolla Store is the place where you get Sailfish apps. Sorry I didn’t notice this before :confused:

1 Like

Careful and correct terminology is key! Thanks :slight_smile:

Good idea. Where is the Xperia 10 III option for purchasing? I have a nice X10 III sitting here waiting for Sailfish OS.

4 Likes

I might be wrong but, the licences “stay in limbo” until they get activated. Thats the way I read the post.

My understanding is that when you buy a licence, you’ll get a voucher code that you can hold on to and use when the XIII is released (or for something else if you prefer).

Oh, and that’s great to hear! :smiley: You’re very well prepared.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s basically correct. They’re in the form of a voucher code, which means you can also give them to someone else.

Awesome news, Jolla.

I already bought a 10 II licence as a ‘Gibralter’ purchase, looking forward to buying a 10 III licence to use when it arrives next year.

1 Like

Here in Italy the X10 III is sold exclusively online via the Sony store, at full price except occasional small discounts, and it is currently out of stock except for the pink colour. I got a good deal on Amazon.de and purchased one.

That’s right, but there is currently no way to purchase an X10 III license (licenses are platform-specific).

@flypig Can we use any leftover refund money for this purchase? If so, how?

I’ll need to check that. Let me see if I can find out, and I’ll let you know.

If you do so please also check/ask for the vanished ‘Jolla tablet refund tool’ (link in old mail is not valid anymore) to not have the burden of asking on zendesk for every one individually?

which seems to be indeed the only option right now as above mentioned tool does not exist anymore

If you’re in the UK and thinking of buying a Sailfish X licence, you might also be wondering where to get the best deals on an Xperia 10 II. We’ve done some digging and come up with the list of possible options.

We’ve not necessarily bought from these ourselves, so they come without endorsement and are in no particular order. If anyone knows of other good deals (or good customer services that should be rewarded) please do share them.

2 Likes

I’m afraid the answer is that this isn’t possible. It’s not possible to use one voucher to generate another.

To be honest:
this I do not understand!
And it looks like just another (m…)managamement decision to me.

The money is to be refunded and could be asked for explicitly. And then this deal would be valid!?
But I also do not want to derail this here, so hoping any decision making sailor may think about it.
And definitely not asking for any comments (else a ‘moderator’ is already requested to move these posts out to another one)!