Is this everywhere or perhaps only in Android apps?
Good hint, don’t know, but will investigate. A test right now worked well in SFOS notes, but as a write here it was first okay too but reappears after some words. Now it’gone again, comes back while just type this and test it, but for now just under Android. So I switched to Notes again, no problemm there, switch to android browser, happens again, then not. But I get no pattern why this happens. But seems just to affect android.
There’s definitely some bugs left with typing in Android apps, for example when backspacing on a longer text, it all goes haywire and starts deleting random parts, but then also duplicating other parts (even though you’re still backspacing), and so on. So I would guess your problem is closely related to the other keyboard bugs in AppSupport.
I’ve noticed this gets worse: the longer the phone is running, the more CPU lipstick starts to consume. It slowly but steadily increases and never goes back down. My current uptime is a bit over 10 hours and lipstick is already consuming 9.2% of CPU. Every couple of minutes, another .1% gets added. Right now the only open apps are SFOS Forum Viewer and Crest. I’ve turned off AppSupport just to check, but lipstick is still at 9.2%.
If we bring back belt cases, can we also bring back those fast belt clips that let your phone swing around from your belt, and those transparent antennas, that started blinking when the phone was ringing/calling?
USB antennas? Or maybe TOH transparent antenna? ![]()
Just maybe a newbie question, but i never applied nor removed a protective foil till now. How do I remove it? Just hard peeling or heating?
Edit: just noticed it was just a little harder to remove in comparison with the first one, so done for me ![]()
basically most things are fine. camera is much better than with the xperia 10iii. the phone also feels much faster than the old one. but bluetooth is giving me problems. connecting my headset mostly doesn’t work, i.e. the headset tells me “connected” and the bluetooth symbol looks good. but there is no sound. restarting the bluetooth service, or removing and pairing the headset again sometimes does the trick but mostly not. it works the first time after a reboot.
I do not have installed appsuport, time to time checking top from terminal, so when ever lipstick is above 2% and not dropping down when not touching screen i restarting homescreen from utilities.
simetime this happen in hour after last lipstick restart but for sure in 3+h it is always bad. It looks like there is some problem to check it, we should fill the bugreport so @Jolla , @rainemak can take a look whats going on
edit: since my last post 1 hour ago when i restarted lipstick had phone awake, using browser for forums, openned gallery to check some photos (displayed picture Info), openned camera to verify focusing of main lens, switched several times between browser and galery and whoops lipstick constantsly at 2.2 ![]()
all patches disabled, one imap account, two xmpp accounts , one card cal dav account, sync for all now offpeak - twice a day
edit2: when lipstick eating constantly lot of cpu even not touching screen, try to enable battery saving mode, check ‘top’, disable saving mode, check ‘top’ again
You probably remember when phones had those little knob antennas. At least for Nokia phones, transparent replacement antennas were available from phone stores. They had an LED inside, that started flashing when the antenna’s transmission power increased during a phone call or ringing.
Something similar could certainly be implemented as TOH.
Using an RF power to light the LED is a bad idea.
Why? The phone will have to increase the RF power as consumed part will not reach the antena. Most people find that at least uncomfortable.
Back in the days it wasn’t a problem, because you only charged your phone once week anyway, and for today for TOH version, you could obviously take the power from the TOH pins and only use the antenna signal for sensing when to turn on and off the LEDs.
Probably my last thing I will add from my experience since I don’t plan to continue using the JP2026 any further was with watching movies.
I have a jellyfin running, there were significant problems in getting “Sailfin” (it never downloaded) so I had to use the Android version just to experience horrible performance watching movies or shows in the integrated player (slideshow style) this got a little better when using mpv from f-droid but the phone warms up like crazy so I stopped watching movies in fear of the device taking damage.
This is sadly unacceptable and completely kills off the phone for me since I am a notorious in-bed movie watcher on the phone.
I am going to put it into the shelf where it will collect dust.
Ah, the joys of being an early adopter. I assume you are aware that the JP2 is the only (current) phone with SFOS 5.2, which is a significant change over the previous versions.
Teething issues are to be expected, too, that’s just the way it is.
If the bad initial experiences is reason enough for you to turn an otherwise functional device into a paperweight: Your choice. If it was me, I’d shelf it for a few weeks and check back again later. Or just sell it to somebody less fortunate.
Yeah I actually just sold it, indeed it is better to give it to someone that has a usecase for it.
I do agree with the sentiment here. I personally have an opinion/thinking that this is still “beta” software, as in, one pretty much expects to find bugs. It is a shame that some of them are pretty big bugs, as in, something that should work does not, however, for me, at least, it is a pretty smooth sailing, I am not encountering some of the bugs that people find here. But, for me at least, 5G speeds and charging speed are definitely less than stellar, and I do wish they get better.
Hi
I’m also a new JP2 user and I use Jellyfin too, it work as a charm ![]()
Did you have installed it from Storeman or other source?
Hey,
i used the J2 now a little more than 1 Week, it is my main Handy. All android apps that i needed worked out of the box, One app Authy dont run and this was totally ok. I used the sailfish alternstive
J2: the phone is not too big and not too little, the camera is good enough for me, i have no dust issue.
The sailfish os is really good and i have no big problems. Bluetooth connection is not so good to my device, first connect crackling, second connect flawless, i need everytime a reconnect. One option is for me missing, autoreboot after 8, 16, 24H inactivity, no screen log in. I love the jolla phone and it is my daily phone. The phone and the os is running for me flawless, the little problems can be patched i think so. And the shipping was really good and fast, no problems.
Just asking, why you need rebooting? If I remember right some sailors ran J1 for years without booting (maybe it was Nokia N9). It is not Android nor Windows system, that need rebootings periodically.
autoreboot for auto encryption the luks partition, when you login your luks partition is decrypted. This function is there in the os. This functionality is already there, albeit not tied to the switch:
$ mcetool | grep shutdown
Inactivity shutdown delay: disabled
$ mcetool -h |grep -i shutdown
--set-inactivity-shutdown-delay=<s>
@nephros thanks for the terminal input