(jolla media player) songs not present if record name has a / slash on it

REPRODUCIBILITY: Always
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.21
HARDWARE: XA2
UI LANGUAGE: italian
REGRESSION: it always been like this

DESCRIPTION:

Althought covers are nice, especially the Dagny one :wink: , i would prefer to use the gallery to look at photos, rather the media application, where is my music?

PRECONDITIONS:

i actually guess media player donā€™t like albums with / in the title cause both have it, one being strangers/lovers, the other one being la canzone del sole/anche per te

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. insert some albums with slashes in the titles
  2. look for them being not present on the default media player

EXPECTED RESULT:

to be playable from the media player, instead i need to play them from the file manager, and they result as unknown on the media player anyway

ACTUAL RESULT:

they are not present on the default media player list

MODIFICATIONS:

openrepos : yes
chum : yes

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

of course unplayer has no problem showing them, and neither gnome-music on pc which uses tracker3 the sameā€¦

4 Likes

This is normal on Linux based systems. Remove the Slash from filename and it will work.

Same here. I also thought about filing a bug report, but didnā€™t.

@Seven.of.nine As I understand it (and the way I experience it) this bug not about slashes in file names, but rather slashes in the meta data (think ā€œAC/DCā€)

2 Likes

yeah, but if so why unplayer and gnome music are perfectly capable of showing them?donā€™t know about unplayer but gnome-music uses tracker same as jolla media playerā€¦

the / is not present on filenames but only on the album tag, donā€™t think itā€™s the same?especially since you canā€™t put a slash on a filename

I dug a bit deeper into this (still assuming this is the same bug that the OP reported) and queried the tracker data base about files that are present or absent from the media player, using the following command:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ tracker3 info "/path/to/filename"
Result: in both cases, all mandatory fields were present in the data base.

Iā€™d wager this issue is related to Jollaā€™s media player rather than Gnome tracker.

2 Likes

So youā€™re right, i agree, this really seems to be a bug that Jolla should fix. Nobody knows whats written in the metadata of tags of mp3 files, and if SFOS canā€™t handle this in some cases, what leads to disappearing files, then itā€™s a problem.

Yeah, that. If unexpected data in a free-format field can cause unexpected behavior, a security issue isnā€™t out of the question. (As if malicious hax0rs are targeting the 29 current SFOS users, but who knows?)

3 Likes

Wrong , there is 30 of us.,. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The way I understand OPā€™s description the files are still playable, just show up with empty metadata?

I.e. they are not ā€œdisappearedā€, meaning the severity of the bug (which it undoubtedly is) is somewhat lower?

I canā€™t play them via the default player cause they are not shown, i have to open a filemanager first and search for those files to play them, thatā€™s the problem. Itā€™s very very inconvenient

Could you provide an example to download? It will ease the reproduction of this bug. Thanks in advance.

If you want i can give you an example but you can just add a / (slash) into the album tag of one of your songs to have the same exact effect :slight_smile:

An example would be easier :slight_smile:

1 Like

sigh, before I start goofing about. id3v1 or v2?

I did a test with an id3v2, album name Pink Moon/2004 Remaster and that produces the following error when opening the album (which is shown):

(jolla-mediaplayer:24985): Grilo-WARNING **: 15:57:39.836: [tracker-source-request] ../src/tracker3/grl-tracker-source-api.c:338: Could not execute sparql query id=8: Parser error at byte 852, expected one of '.', VAR1, VAR2, IRIREF, PNAME_LN, PNAME_NS, STRING_LITERAL_LONG1, STRING_LITERAL_LONG2, STRING_LITERAL1, STRING_LITERAL2, PARAMETERIZED_VAR, DOUBLE, DECIMAL, INTEGER, DOUBLE_POSITIVE, DECIMAL_POSITIVE, INTEGER_POSITIVE, DOUBLE_NEGATIVE, DECIMAL_NEGATIVE, INTEGER_NEGATIVE, 'true', 'false', BLANK_NODE_LABEL, ANON, NIL, '(', '[', '{', 'optional', 'minus', 'graph', 'service', 'filter', 'bind', 'values', '}':
ā€¦     }   } }   %4 } ORDER BY  ā€¦
                ā€ø
[C] unknown:0 - Operation failed Failed to query: Parser error at byte 852, expected one of '.', VAR1, VAR2, IRIREF, PNAME_LN, PNAME_NS, STRING_LITERAL_LONG1, STRING_LITERAL_LONG2, STRING_LITERAL1, STRING_LITERAL2, PARAMETERIZED_VAR, DOUBLE, DECIMAL, INTEGER, DOUBLE_POSITIVE, DECIMAL_POSITIVE, INTEGER_POSITIVE, DOUBLE_NEGATIVE, DECIMAL_NEGATIVE, INTEGER_NEGATIVE, 'true', 'false', BLANK_NODE_LABEL, ANON, NIL, '(', '[', '{', 'optional', 'minus', 'graph', 'service', 'filter', 'bind', 'values', '}':
ā€¦     }   } }   %4 } ORDER BY  ā€¦
1 Like

Yes but if you played a whole playlist/folder including a problematic song, that song would still play, no?

I can confirm that I see a similar message when opening one of the problematic albums of my collection in jolla-mediaplayer.

Itā€™s a bit odd. Iā€™m not even seeing the folder for the captain beefheart track which is playing and showing the tag: Captain Beefheart / Trout Mask Replica.

2 Likes

I can access the files fine in the audio player in the list of ā€˜All songsā€™. Which is odd since it can read and display the TALB tag there just fine.

2 Likes