(jolla media player) songs not present if record name has a / slash on it

The problem is in the metadata tags. If an album title has a slash in it it wont show. This bug is around for quite a while and reported already i think.

What was happening was that the album WAS showing, complete with the name with the / in it, but it did not show any titles in the album. So, I could see, in Albums:
Pink Moon/2004 Remaster

But it did not show the songs.

1 Like

here’s an example (the one in the first screenshot)

i actually don’t know which kind of tag they are but i do assume vorbistag since they are flacs

And yes, i noticed too songs are present in the songs list but not on the albums/artists ones

1 Like

Never mind, M3U got saved with absolute paths. ASCII M3U & PLS been driving me crazy, along with Winamp closing its forum. :roll_eyes:

How do you know it’s the ó? Have you tested this?

2 Likes

it’s tracked now?thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you saying your problem is solved? If so please point out the solution. Thank you.

No it’s not solved, it’s just that jolla has stated it’s now aware of the problem

Ah, OK. Sorry, I misinterpreted the term “tracked”.

Same problem with ‘!’ and/or ‘?’ in album name (see picture) - album title at id3 is "now what?!’

Other pictures to ‘/’ problem are here - [well documented duplicate] Bug in media app: Artists with / (slash) in id3 are not shown (duplicate bug report :sweat_smile:) …

2 Likes

For the record this got actually fixed back then. Just now waiting for a release.

7 Likes

Really?oh thank you then, very appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is expected to get better on the next release, 4.6.0.
Please wait.

6 Likes