Jolla C2 Community Phone - Demonstration

Dear friends,

I am very interested in purchasing this phone, however i never seen it in action.

Could anyone at jolla make a live demonstration of how it looks like, turning it on and using it a bit to demonstrate its features?

If one buys this phone and for some particular reason doesn’t like it, how can we return it and under which condition?

I think it is a very important topic, because when i normally buy something, i like to try it out in the store or at least have a video showing up how it is.

Best Regards

6 Likes

What would you expect to see here? SFOS looks and works the same everywhere pretty much.

Basically, you’re absolutely right. But what might be good to see in a video would be: does it fit in a trouser pocket or do you need a briefcase?

179 × 78 × 8,5 mm - Jolla × Reeder C2
154 × 68 × 8,3 mm - Sony Xperia 10iii

Personally I will only keep the C2 in a leg pocket. Ymmv, though.

Couple of days ago, someone mentioned that SFOS 5 could not be exactly the same as 4.6 for example.

How will it work, what kind of innovations it will bring, how many bugs that will decrease a positive user experience, etc.

I want to see the whole thing working. I want to see if one receives the phone and can easily put a sim card, and if it will work without difficulties, like having to spend 30 minutes resetting it to factory or installing something.

Or even if comes locked with some sort of code that will need to be given by the company.

So many stuff that i could mention that probably would be addressed in a 5 or 10 minutes video.

Obviously not even 4.6 is ready, what do you expect them to show? You could wait until someone makes an unboxing video or maybe until they release and present it, but I don’t get what you expect at the time being.
You just have to wait, I guess.

2 Likes

Well, basically what i expect is the product to correspond to my expectations.

I don’t want it to be, let me give you an example, like those unfinished steam games where devs promote the game but then release it like a beta and suddenly stop, just to abandon them completely.

Then of course, the cheaters come in and destroy the game experience for everyone, in this case the bugs.

Kinda hard to sell a product that nobody ever saw it working, especially when the return policy is not clear.

That is exactly how the whole world is doing it these days. :smile:

1 Like

I find it interesting that the C2 is powered by a Unisoc T606.
2 × A75 @ 1.6GHz
6 × A55 @ 1.6GHz
+
Mali G57

2 Likes

Well, EU law allows products to be sold either by specification, or by example (sample).

If what is provided either doesn’t meet the specification (if it was sold by specification) or it wasn’t the same as the example (if it was sold by example) then your consumer rights mean that you can return it and get whatever you paid for it refunded - regardless of what the selling company’s terms and conditions say (because law enacted by statute takes precedence over any contract between buyer and seller).

Jolla would be ill advised to sell by specification (that would mean that everything in the specification would actually have to work as specified), so if they sell by example then really the buyer should insist on seeing said example before deciding to purchase.

It obviously won’t be exactly the same. What would be the point of an update?

But SFOS’ UX has basically remained unchanged for the past 10 years, so it’s fair to assume that 5.0 will feel pretty much like 4.5.

1 Like

For the number of bugs: 11.

1 Like

There are two groups of people in the world:

1. those who can extrapolate data

The development of Sailfish OS is not a series of revolutions. It makes careful evolving steps instead. The future is always hinted even though it’s never fully revealed prematurely. So it is possible to extrapolate.

1. Check out the android sibling to the C2 (Reeder S19 Max Pro S) to see what it looks like.
  2. Check the specifications of the Reeder phone and research the hardware used in it.
  3. Imagine Sailfish OS running on the device.

I expect the Jolla × Reeder C2 phone to be delivered with Sailfish OS installed, ready to configure. Just like the Jolla C once was.

SIM-tray of Reeder S19 Max Pro S

3 Likes

It’s a good point. I myself too don’t by without having seen a demo first. Of course implementation quality can and does differ with different devices, so it’s important to convince us of good quality.

IMO if there is no demo video that must mean Jolla doesn’t have a good implementation.

(Jolla only user since Jolla Phone 1)

You mean version 4.5 has 11 bugs?

Such as?

r/whoosh    

1 Like

I’m very happy to read here that the JC2 is a bigger device, so I think of to
preorder one. Thanks @Jolla !

@vattuvarg Thanks for providing the exact dimensions!

IMHO there is no demo because sailors are good at keeping secrets.

3 Likes

I was hoping for a smaller device. …nonetheless I already bought a voucher.

2 Likes

Loose lips sink ships

1 Like