Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

Cool. Going to be like you’re 8 years old and Santa is on his way. Hope you get some sleep tonight!! :wink:

Cool then order 1441 should not take long… :grin::ok_hand:

I received the 2 emails for the shipment yesterday. I ordered on 22 May and received the email with the link to pay on 30 September.

Hello, are shipping costs completely covered by Jolla, also including import costs in non-EU countries ?

Shipping costs are not included, EU VAT is.
Lot’s of other places don’t have a good pre-pay system for customs/VAT. Nowhere close to worth the manhours in these volumes to figure out.
But come to think of it; they probably didn’t even sell outside the EU/EES for this reason.

My order to the UK included an 18.9€ charge for shipment, I expect -if the customs officers are grumpy- I’ll need to pay something to release it for final delivery :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Customs papers are coming from the systems. We are shipping from EU so shipping to outside EU with customs papers is a must.

2 Likes

Hi, I ordered on 6th September 2024 and untill now I didn’t receive final payment. I have checked SPAM folder. Should I contact support or not all final payment were send?

Thank you for the reply.

But then, ordering from a non-EU country means to deduct the VAT, no ?

They only sell (sold) to EES+CH+UK. These are basically EU whether they like it or not. So here prepaid VAT included is expected. (@rainemak, please correct me if you are doing this differently) There are no substantially “non-EU” countries available to ship to; so what are you actually asking?

Swiss have 8% vat, so I guess there might be something in that (EU has mandated 15% minimum), but I’m not a lawyer etcetc

1 Like

Just look at the email you got from them, “taxes” should be 8% (if you’re from Switzerland rest ees seems more or less same as in eu) vs what we europoors pay, if not, might be worth investigating further (but assuming automated service, it’s as complicated as excel formula at least in theory)
Edit: at least in my emails are clearly stated, you can’t just deduct vat, you get your own taxes, so check vs your own countries vat rate and let us know in case jolla is doing a tax fraud, won’t hold my breath

Well, following is from the Order summary :

Total

EUR €287.90

Including €0.00 in taxes

Total includes duties and taxes. No extra charges on delivery.

So, this means that no extra charges should be paid on delivery. But… I am expected to pay, according to the postal service. :-?

1 Like

0 in taxes, nice, Jolla is doing a tax fraud, let the trolls commence, all publicity is good, right (will be worth the few dozen of orders of tax clearing I’m sure), if they ask you to pay anything on pickup just show them it’s all paid (no charges on delivery), let the lawyers fight

Anyone from EU can share his Order summary ?

Well, maybe what is expected to be paid is the taxes then… ?

You got swindled for 53 euro, as that is the standard tax from your 289 order, so while tax office probably won’t be on jolla’s heels, if your order is from Switzerland you can probably get about 25euro or so back from them for overcharging
Edit: here’s subtotals from normal (debatable) eu country
Subtotal

269,00 €
Shipping

18,90 €
Taxes

53,83 €
Total

287,90 €
You saved 50,00 €

Order summary for the UK.

Subtotal 249,00 €