Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

More and more of the financial apps I use(d) on the laptop/desktop are requiring the use of a phone.

2 Likes

Loved the first Jolla phone. Can’t wait for the new Jolla phone. Probably because my current phone, a Sony Xperia XA2 of 5,5 y.o. is literally falling apart. The backplate is coming off all by itself. No heat gun required anymore. I hope to get that email soon.

5 Likes

August 28 today and still no sign of final payment/delivery … Any news out there?

Thx

4 Likes

We are all here waiting impatiently, so please at least give us some update

2 Likes

Well… be patient, that’s all we can give you :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the notes and your patience. As noted in July, re-implementation of the telephony stack has been a major push in this project and a tough nut to crack. But now it’s time to share the great progress that the team has made, as we got the first live cellular network phone calls made with the new version of the telephony binder interface in Jolla Community Phone C2 – the team got 2G and 3G calls working :calling: :partying_face:. On Monday, I sent test SMS and MMS messages to verify that they were working. There is a good number of different cellular features & functionalities already working.

See phone call test video
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rCkTz-pq9-I

One critical item that is missing is 4G / VoLTE calls. Rewriting the oFono radio plugin is in the works and with that we get also 4G / VoLTE calls. This requires still implementation time before we can start testing it.

You may have seen that getting VoLTE calls working properly in different countries is tricky. Thus, we are reaching out to you, Sailfish Community, as we need testing help in different countries. We do not have the resources and / or possibilities to travel around the EU (plus the UK, Switzerland and Norway) to test VoLTE. The plan is to organize this around the community beta (CBeta) program with the ones who have pre-ordered Jolla Community Phone C2 and are willing to participate in testing. We are thinking that one or two CBeta community members per country would be good – maybe we do not need to cover all countries where we are selling but most of them. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to reach us out – you can for example drop a private Forum message to me. If you’re not yet a CBeta member but you’d like to join and participate in testing, please let us know. What would be better than making a great VoLTE experience together with this amazing community – do it together.

We communicated earlier that we won’t request the final payment until we are clear with the final delivery schedule of the limited batch. It is getting closer now and we are targeting to send a link to the final payment shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work to deliver the C2 community phone. We’re excited to get your community device to you soon!

Thank you for your support.

37 Likes

I’d need to check the availability of VoLTE call here in Slovakia (Telekom), but I’d be more than happy to help.

2 Likes

Warm welcome to new comers! Great to see you!

3 Likes

Happy to help with the VoLTE testing in Ireland.

2 Likes

@rainemak happy to help with C2 testing here in Finland!

2 Likes

Happy to help for France. I mainly use Red by Sfr and can test Free Mobile too, and have placed a C2 order.

2 Likes

I’m willing to test in Slovenia (A1: 4G, LTE, 5G, …).

3 Likes

I would like to pay the final delivery payment. How does it work?

2 Likes

Hi @silvonen,

We’ll post a link for each separately. Surely, we do inform here as well when the link is sent.

3 Likes

With the possibility of testing in Spain, with the company Digi Spain. I am willing to help.

2 Likes

Would test for Germany Telekom. I had already tested it for the 10III back then

3 Likes

I would join a CBeta if it was about debugging the VoLTE stack on community ports:D. Romania, I can get a SIM on any operator (Vodafone, Orange, Digi)

2 Likes

Would be glad to test with KPN , Vodafone, and Odido networks in Netherlands…

1 Like

I can test in Germamy with Telekom via Congstar and O2 (Telefonica)

1 Like

I can help in testung in Norway

1 Like