Incoming calls are suppressed and a notification is missing

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Sometimes
BUILD ID: 3.3.0.16
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

This is a copy from [Bug] Incoming calls are suppressed and a notification is missing - together.jolla.com

PRECONDITIONS:

Nothing special

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

Phone calls should be working

ACTUAL RESULT:

Incoming calls are suppressed without a notification

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Please let me know what kind of logs would be helpful

2 Likes

Is there anything that can be done about this? It’s the reason I’ve had to stop using Sailfish - again (I had same issue with Jolla C).

I’m having the same problem on the Xperia 10 II on 4.3.15. Usually I know of the missed call because of the voicemail or message over an IM app from the person who called me.

The problem seems to happen more likely the longer the phone is on. Rebooting fixes the problem for a while. Interestingly enough, when rebooting or shutting down in this situation, the phone causes the red notification to light up for a while. I don’t think I remember this happening when the receiving a call functionality is working correctly.

Additionally, I cannot make any calls. A notification with “Network problem” shows up and no call is made.

The mobile data connection strangely keeps working.

Edit 21-02-2022: additionally, I’ve also missed texts (SMS) when this happens.

1 Like

I believe this will be fixed in the upcoming 4.4 release.

1 Like

And please note that I’m referring to the bug as experienced by @ahappyhuman. I’m not 100% convinced the original bug report by @thisisme is the same bug. It might be though.

1 Like

The original bug report (the one in Jolla Together ) was done by a different person , not me. I just reopened the issue here. My own experience has been pretty similar to what @ahappyhuman describes, though.

I’m glad to hear that! It is a major annoyance to me and those trying to call me right now, so I will be relieved when the update with the fix gets released.

Following the discussion here, I’ve tagged this as “fixed”. Please bump it if you experience otherwise (or, even better, create a new bug report with as much detail as possible).