I don't want to Turn this Working Sony 10-3 into a desk weight will pay you to Install it (Resolved)

Hi all
This topic is resolved. I will buy a phone with Jolla on it. Thanks for the consideration. -808

I have a few questions out their regarding installing the OS.
After reading the guide I don’t think this is something that I can do.
So fearful of messing up this phone.

It has been a very very long time since I have had a working phone where everything works
and people can hear me on the other end and I can get text and mms message and take decent photos. They Killed my A2X when they turned off one of the network bands.

So I am gun shy.

I am willing to pay someone here in the US that can install my copy of the OS onto this phone.
If someone is willing, please let me know your fee and If I can afford you. I will send you this 10-3 with A13 on it and my copy of the Sailfish OS.

Thanks

Dude. Please stop creating duplicate threads. Now this is a duplicate of your own duplicate. Wow.

This is a forum, not a chatroom.

3 Likes

Friend you need to get control of yourself. I have not duplicated anything. I have asked 3 very different questions. You are the one stalking me if you feel the way you feel. This question here is asking someone for help with a difficult process. So please if you can’t help maybe you should not reply. Thanks!

1 Like

Actually you don’t.
You have not asked a single specific question here or in your basically duplicate) thread Install Direction for Sony 10 III.

You are just:

So fearful of messing up this phone.

You cannot “mess up a phone”, if you are sticking to the written guides (Jolla’s and / or mine). For installing SailfishOS on an Xperia 10 III there is no reason to go into specialities as “enlarging the root volume”; a fact which is also mentioned there.

You just have to read thoroughly (and until the end before installing, then read thoroughly again while installing), take your time and think before acting (both, during the installation and when writing posts). You can halt at any step of the installation and ask something specific in a concise manner here.

You seem to have successfully installed SailfishOS on your Xperia XA2, a couple of 10.000 people have successfully installed SailfishOS, so why are you afraid of doing it again?

But if you are so unfocused as you seem to be when writing these posts, e.g. spelling “A2X” when supposedly “XA2” is meant, I agree you will have a bumpy ride when running though the installation process.

2 Likes

Thank you for your post. So I will mark you down as a no. :slight_smile:
I do believe you can mess up the phone beyond repair.

Reading thru the instructions I am not confident I can pull it of.
Hopefully a hero will come through!

Holy fork, Robang Junior!

4 Likes

Why even ask questions when you don’t even try to comprehend the answers?

Mind you, I can very much understand some anxiety when attempting something like flashing a phone. But as the Wise Bene Gesserit say: Fear is the Mind-Killer.

And as you wrote about politeness and rudeness elsewhere: a most rude thing to do is to ask for help and then not accept the answer. It doesn’t help you, and it puts off people who can help to provide it to you.

Like, you know, trolls.

7 Likes

Yeah But I am not 100% sure how to use that tool and I think I asked before I was told that you could. But looking at that tool I am not sure I understand it all that well.

There are no guarantees in life and no 100%. The only thing which is for sure is, that we have to die at some time.

Emma is as idiot-proof as it can be: There are videos (for example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKSyZ2amVNY) and tutorials around, even so it is harder to do something wrong than to do the right things.

If you want to have sailfish on your device, flash it! There is no other way. No risk no fun. What’s the point in buying a Ferrari, when you are in fear it breaks down when you drive faster than 50 km/h. Why do you leave home when you can have an accident outside? Why are you going to sleep when there is risk, that you don’t wake up the next morning?

Maybe because these risks are less probable than the fear to miss your whole life.

3 Likes

Sorry but you do read about people bricking. Just because you said it can’t be does not mean it can’t be. My gosh man you are fighting with me for asking a question and making all this drama. If you can help thanks if you can’t okay. Its no big deal.

My Gosh guys I was just asking for help. Not a lesson about life.
I am not going to bust up this phone. Again I will pay some nicer person
if they are state side and has done this before that can’t be a crime here in the forums.
How could offering to pay for help be trolling as the other guy stated.

All this is doing is making drama where there is none.

Yes if I have a sports car but I am not a sports car driver that can win that race.
I would prefer to hire a pro sportscar driver to win that race.

I will check out the video

2 Likes

If your fear is that high, because it is hard to get these phones in the US. There are still possibilities, even so not many. Prices looks reasonable.

Maybe better invest in a spare phone than in someone who is willing to risk your precious with flashing.

Yeah that is what I have… I think I am just going to forgo doing this. I have spent so much in phones trying to get sailfish… from that pine phone to this…

I hate having to use android but… I have not made an account and if the phone rings and gets messages that is all I need. Just fell in so much love with my N9 and Jolla Phones… then the sony.

Was hoping I could get back to that space… Maybe jolla will let US buyers get their community phone at some point…

I watch that video and I read a post by you about having to try to flash your phone 4 times… yeah… I am out of my league.

Thanks anyway!

I flashed it four times. That should encourage you, not discourage you!!!
The probability that something really goes wrong tends to zero. If something goes wrong, there is a community which will help you. olf and nephros are not just simple SF users. They are developers and maintainers for many precious apps, they know very well, what they are talking about.

I never bricked a phone with flashing and I flashed a lot of them. I sometimes got smaller problems which could always be solved very quickly. Often with the help of a community member.

Watch the video how to use emma. It is as simple as it can be. So returning to android is always possible.

The Xperia 10 III runs really well with SF. It would be a shame not to try out.

3 Likes

Yeah thanks so much take care!

listen, friend, i think you found bad+scary info on the internet, and its causing you to post a lot of wrong info. if you just try to flash it, you will almost certainly succeed, and if you fail, THEN the forum can help you.

also, T-Mobile in USA works pretty well on the 10III, and nothing else with SFOS support does. MMS even works pretty good these days, although the mobile coverage isnt as good as north american android phones with LTE band 2

Dear 808, from my own perspective your question is perfectly understandable.

I would help if I could and would do it for free in order to practice, for I have a 10 v3 to do, but I am not in the USA.

I found myself to dislike the flashing a Jolla thing.
Although I have been thinkering with “devices” from the 90’s when getting access to procedures descriptions & step by step guides by internet became easy and I do remember tomshardwareguide as sysdoc.pair.com

Simply because it is part of a standard commercial procedure yet still it is nerdy and not at all fun, nor is it giving me the satisfaction of for example overclocking a 3Dfx video card by command line.
Every time I need to do it I have to waste time to look up the procedure again. It takes way too much time.

If I had a shop representing Jolla I would not have this issue. I would remember the procedure, be confident and put a fixed price on it.

Why not walk into a “phone repair shop” , show them the procedure, ask if they can do it under warranty or their insurance?

Further Comment:
People here tend to overlook the need for software installers in the smart phone branch.

It is is 2 minutes before twelve to ever get rid of Google spyware riddled phones, websites, TV’s, smartwhatever if we don’t want to become a patent in Google’s portfolion and to do that offering expert smartphone setup services way beyond the flashing of firmware is a critical factor.

2 Likes

Actually there is a retailer in italy who offers devices flashed with sfos, but I guess that doesn’t help in your case

1 Like

You might want to have a look here:
https://buy.jolla-devices.com/categoria-prodotto/sailfishos/

Send them a message to ask if they ship to your place first, but it might be a very good option for you.

Best regards
Fuchur

PS: Just to let you know: I have very little Linux experience and got it done with the instructions myself. Even so you do not understand much of it, you can just thoughtfully follow the step-by-step guide and it will work nicely.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for you kind message. Yeah it is pretty complex process. If I knew the terminology and reason behind why we have to click this and click that. I would feel much better vs just following some guide blindly. When reading the forums before asking my question You see all the linux commands and such it is pretty mind blowing… from green screens to things not working…It just a bit much… A one click installer would be nice… Thank you very much for your reply and understanding.