Read the FAQs and If I’m wrong, someone correct me - In order to avoid doubld posts on the similiar issue an existing thread is to be used?
Note: I have had to replace the fullstops with (dot) to comply with the two link limit for new users…
A quick bg info:
Xperia 10 Single Sim
Build: Rokua 126.96.36.199
Device adaptation: 0.0.4.6
Installed Exchange Version: 0.3.28 Pre-Installed with ROM (Store Version showing as 0.3.11)
Posting as I am also having issues setting up Outlook(dot)com emails.
I have tried two different emails - labeled A and B for simplicity.
I have tried m(dot)hotmail(dot)com, m(dot)outlook(dot)com, settings listed here by Microsoft.
None worked with , the closest I’ve gotten (I suppose) is the phone showing “Retrieving settings from Server” for a few minutes (using m(dot)outlook(dot)com, port 993) before timing out with “problem with checking credentials” etc.
The same issue persists with adding general email.
Even the installed app from store did not work.
As above, what worked is uninstalling 0.3.28 and installing 0.3.11 from the store.
Username: full email i.e. email@outlook(dot)com
Password: email password
Tapped on More.
Used the Imap settings in the above Microsoft FAQ link:
Server & Domain is the same: Outlook.office365.com
The only difference between Email A and B is that B does not have 2 Factor Authentication enabled.
So I turned off 2 FA in email A and that worked.
So out of curiousity I tried adding another email account, nada, nothing, removing 2fa, identity apps etc, didn’t work, added them back still same issue.
Both email A and B added successfully after countless attempts.
So after all that it seems the exchange app is an incredibly temperamental P.O.S
Edit: Spelling - two not to