Here Wego (ver. 4) and choppy GPS

Like others said, try Magic Earth. No TTS engine needed, you can just download voices from within the app itself in your native language.
Together with Pure maps(which seems to break now and then when doing OS updates / sailjail stuff, which I only notice when I need it), it’s a solid combination.

2 Likes

Hi Speedy-10, unfortunately under menu > settings > navigation and the choosing of voices my Here WeGo says, that it wants a text-to-speech modul. So the question is, what is the best text-to-speech module for Here WeGo.

Thanks and best regards, Uwe.

Hi uwelabs, I checked my installation and discovered: Here is installed in Jollastore (and put on blacklist on Aurorastore). Speech works. The version is older, but I could save maps locally, what I used on holidays.

Hi speedy-10, I also had the Here from Jollastore and indeed speech did work. But now I installed the newest version from APKPure. This version seems to rely on some TTS. So I have to investigate how to get a TTS. But anyway, thanks for answering, so now I know that it’s not only a handling problem inside Here.
Best regards, Uwe.

Just read the thread i posted above. There is a guide to install Ivona TTS

For clarity I have tagged this Bug Report as “fixed”, since @direc85, the original reporter, helpfully marked it as solved.

1 Like