OS VERSION: 126.96.36.199
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: en_GB
No possibility to change General Email account Server Settings after having half-finished the initial account creation wizard.
Have a valid and working IMAP server, and credentials
- Open Settings → Accounts
- Create a new account “General Email”
- Skip autodetection, go to manual setup
- Enter valid stuff for IMAP
- Enter invalid stuff for SMTP
- Click “Accept”
- Wait for the validation to finish, coming back with the message that incoming mail is OK, outgoing is not, offering to “skip”
- Exit Settings (as in, close it, do not choose Skip, or back and Cancel)
- Reopen Settings
- Open newly created account
- Pulley Menu → Server Settings
- Observe IMAP (Incoming Server) Settings are offered, but SMTP (Outgoing Server) section is missing from Server Settings page
The same options (or more) should be available as in the original creation dialog
The whole SMTP section is missing from Account Settings
Patchmanager with a couple of patches for Email, but not Settings.
However I have a self-made patch enabled to force PLAIN authentication, contents see below.