General usability (of this forum) with SFOS browser

Oh with quoting/partial quoting it will almost for sure not work, but no issues with crlf from what I’ve seen for now (still hoping 3.4.0 browser update will make it somewhat usable at least, we’ll have to wait and see)

1 Like

My guess: You’ve performe-d this action too many times, pls wait 1 minute bef-ore searching again? Not sure what else could be rate limited

1 Like
Summary

Yes! :smiley:
But which action? I swiped away the browser to read an email and then that popped up.

1 Like

Oh… No idea then, unless you left the browser on search results and it auto-reloaded it triggering that? If search was not involved really not sure (check url next time, ending could give hints on what went wrong)

1 Like

Following a hint and trying o delete the full post above.
Please see here

for further discussion.

Now quoting above post swithout the third picture attachment link:

But thar wrongly uploaded pic is still on the server viewable via
https://forum.sailfishos.org/uploads/db4219/original/1X/dbb90920873addab1893c11c837aedc42afdec1a.png

Moving this thread under Applications. It is not related this site (forum.sailfishos.org)

No issues on this site with the current (3.4.0.22) default browser.

2 Likes

The keyboard still overlays the composing window for me, which sucks.

6 Likes

We have an open bug report about that in our internal bug tracker

8 Likes

Thanks for letting us know…

1 Like
inappropriate?

General usability (of this forum) with SFOS browser

As written above in the edit I would like to know what makes you think this is inappropriate?
Please make use of PM…

You are right. I was using the forum with the Gemini PDA (no virtual keyboard). On my Xperia XA2 the composing window is hidden by the vk when replying to posts (but not when creating new posts)

1 Like

So, something changed. I guess new version of forum SW?
See log out button gone?.
Minor annoyance but something I hate also in real life web site behavior, change as change is progress and no change is standstill? But moving buttons around or changing name to icon or such stuff is just … imho (do not take this too serious :wink: ).

Another thing I noticed is that the buttons in the hamburger menu (Latest, Unread, Badges and so on) inside the native browser in SFOS 3.2 do not work anymore. But only in landscape orientation, in portrait they work as usual!??
The newer browser in SFOS 3.4 does not show this behavior!

1 Like

(latest) SFOS version 4.1.0.23 EA
and SF browser still cannot let me know what is wrong with trying to post something on this forum. And especially only let me dismiss this popup in landscape mode.

Please see the screenshots (portrait and landscape):

6 Likes

Curious, no fix ideas in last 8 months? This blind typing just isn’t fun anymore, esp. when predictive tezt input isn’t qvqilable on aarch64.

4 Likes

Actually, we do have fix ideas. And I believe there is even a good chance that we will get the fix in the next release.

6 Likes

Have you tried Workaround for Keyboard hiding Input Panel when replying to the Forum ?

The workaround works good on Verla (4.2). i configured it that the input field is on top of the Keyboard.

But after I updated sfos to 4.3 unfortunately the input field now appears in top of the screen.

What do you mean? I’m writing this on 4.3.0, and the input field is exactly where it’s supposed to be: on top of the keyboard. No workarounds necessary.

2 Likes

You are right. It is fixed. But I didn’t read anything about it. According to that the userContent.css not deleted, which led to the strange behavior. :wink:

1 Like