Flightstat/flight tracker app or similar?

It’s a mystery to me. I was a somewhat, ah, creative, person at that age. I sat between two adults of indiscriminate adult like age. I ordered whatever it was they were drinking. I was pretty blasted when we landed. I did get to go to the visit the pilots. But I don’t recall having any coherent questions.

I do remember ‘flapping’ interfaces in other contexts. The old Greyhound bus terminals in Canadian cities used to have them. The were monochrome, though. In airports that I have a vague memory of, they tended to be blue fields with yellow lettering. I wonder why.

Damit. I don’t have time for this. But it’s very hard to resist. Pushes all my buttons. Err, flips all my flaps.

2 Likes

so the runway somehow just magically appeared after some time and you could land there?^^

It’s nice, we can try. One question, how is it work? is simply downloading the qml file and adding it into the project?

You could, or add it as a git submodule.

Myself I like putting external (QML) modules as git modules at <project>/qml/external

:smiley:

(and yes they blink, and no, not in sync.)

4 Likes

What’s your opinion?

All is real data.

Seems airlabs is not the most reliable source… I had it installed and used this week in my daily driver device… But at least is better than nothing for the moment.

7 Likes

Very cool looking app

Hello,

The app is in chum (name FlightTracker), I used a lot, but I wished to add more stuff, for the moment, only possible to find flights by flight number (VY 1234, LH 8765). At some moment I will like to add it into the oficial jolla app Store.

Feel free to comment about the app.

1 Like

Thanks for making it! Looks lovely.

It’s unfortunate a registration and API key is necessary but I understand why.

Maybe at sone point different scrapers/backends can be implemented, some of which may not require that.

yes, I think rinigus and some other people were creating something like that, to have a pool of api-keys and make simple this stuff… But It works, and usually the provider is really good.

I get sometimes the gate before the aeroport tells me the gate, (sometimes is the contrary of course)

1 Like

There is Pass Viewer app in openrepos, simplified version of PassBook.

what do you mean? For the flightrack you need to request an api-key and save it in the aplication, nothing else.

keypeer.org is the project initiated by @rinigus (and myself) and it is a bit stalled since I didn’t manage to find any funding. But it’s not dead. The sailmates.net also have a use case that I wish I could get up to speed for. But, I need to get my financial situation sorted ‘now’ so I’m not able to work on it currently.

One nitpick, on entering api key, enter should complete and send you back, or? I’m one of those stupid people that keep hitting the enter key and when it doesn’t ‘complete’ look for errors in my input.

One other thing. By chance my GF is flying tomorrow so I tried a lookup. TWI 618 (tailwind, flying out of berlin, tomorrow). That doesn’t get found. Now, I think it might be that it’s chaos at the moment since flights are being rebooked because of the Gaza war, and that might be it. But it does get found here: Flight details Any idea?

Edit, the first nitpick also applies to the search field. Add something like:

TextField { ...
                        EnterKey.enabled: text.length > 0
                        EnterKey.iconSource: "image://theme/icon-m-enter-next"
                        EnterKey.onClicked: dosomething.

Sorry not to just clone and do PR. Back to work.

the api of the provider, only give you info of the flights for today. That can be why TWI 618 is not there.

About the inputText, I will try to add it. (Can you create an issue please?)

J.

I played around with the Flap QML and uploaded it to Jolla Store, you’ll find it (if interested) under, err, well, Flap QML. I used it as an editable message board which also operates on cover too. It’s a bit crap but functional and could easily copied/pasted/adapted for purposes of an old style “flap board”. I had planned on using such a thing when I rewrote National Rail LDBWS (rail timetable app for Jolla1) but never incorporated it as train platform notice boards were also flap style.

As you can see from the screenshot, I’m using flap QML already. (Was proposed here at the begining and I added it, I think gets a nice result)

Dialog { id: root
  property string key: settings.key
  readonly property int keyLength: 64
  canAccept: (key.length === keyLength)
  TextField { ...
        acceptableInput: (text.length === root.keyLength)
        EnterKey.enabled: text.length > 0
        EnterKey.iconSource: "image://theme/icon-m-enter-next"
        EnterKey.onClicked: { root.key = text; focus = false }
  }
  onAccepted: settings.key = root.key
}
1 Like

Ah, ok, got it, only for today. So, I’ll check tormorrow :slight_smile:

Textinput, yes. will do.