STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

See first page of Weather application

EXPECTED RESULT:

Feels like temperature displayed

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Screenshot_20201003_002

5 Likes

I have found the error that causes ā€˜feelsLikeTemperatureā€™ to sit at zero

Line: 27 of ā€˜WeatherModel.qmlā€™ - (/usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherModel.qml)

Original code:

weather.feelsLikeTemperature = current.feelslikeTemp

New code:

weather.feelsLikeTemperature = current.feelsLikeTemp

a lowercase ā€˜Lā€™ in ā€˜likeā€™ of current.feelslikeTemp should be uppercase

the ā€˜Feels likeā€™ temperature is now showing correctly;

Screenshot_20201007_002

I have made this correction on 2 x Jolla1 devices and both are now working as expected.

Should I mark this as ā€˜Solvedā€™ @jovirkku ?

4 Likes

Yikes! Thanks for the heads up, fixed now for the next release.

6 Likes

That sounds ok to me. However, we seem to be lacking the rules and convention for this now that there is no automatic status link from Bugzilla to Forum (TJC used to have it). ā€œSolvedā€ now and ā€œReleasedā€ when that time comes. [to-be-developed]

3 Likes

Hi @jpetrell & @jovirkku - thanks guys. Upon the remark from Joona, I will mark it ā€˜Solvedā€™. Please also see my other bug post regarding duplicate locations in Sailfish Weather. There are quite a few, some work, some donā€™t and some give different forecasts for the same area?, strangeā€¦but true.

Somehow this still doesnā€™t work in 3.4.0.24. Or is it just me? Rebooted a couple of times, changed to different locations and no change. Opened the WeatherModel.qml, still uses current.feelslikeTemp instead of feelsLikeTemp.

Sounds like you are not saving your changes to your file, hence the spelling mistake has returned, if the page was saved after editing, there is little to no reason it should get undone.

Sorry, my bad, what I meant to say is I was expecting that this would be fixed in the next release (= 3.4.0.24) . I havenā€™t manually edited the file to fix it myself.

Ahh, gotcha. Yes, the fix will be applied in the next OS update after Pallas-YllƤstunturi as per the comment from @jpetrell

1 Like