Feedback on Jolla C2

It should be possible to boot into recovery and somehow undo the lvm volume creation for home so that wizard comes again on next boot.

I am still days away from getting the device but it is worth writing to support maybe you get official instructions how to do that.

1 Like

If your suggestion is indeed a valid one, I’d try right away ! But I’ll wait a bit before spending time for nothing.

I managed to boot up without any problems. I used 6 digits pin. Not either problems when connecting to wifi. Just when I went through the tutorial pages and the clock section I was asked to push the Media icon instead of the clock icon.

2 Likes

Woohoo, got mine today and seems very smooth.

Only thing is that the sim card slot won’t open when trying with the included stickmajig. After trying to veeery carefully get it open for about 15 minutes, I decided to continue with my good ol’ xperia 10 II. Made me appreciate this sim insertion mechanism on this device.

Will continue to tinker tomorrow in hopes of not sending the device back with such a minor inconvenience. Anyone else had issues where the sim slot won’t open?

3 Likes

Couple observations about C2 with a short 2 hour testing just using Wifi connection.

No double tap wake-up. :cry:
No notification light for missed calls, messages, mails :sob:
No start-up vibration, when pressing power button to turn phone on. :man_shrugging:
Texts and numbers get clipped from couple of places.

• When you tap the display and the shortcut icon row pop-up, the description texts are partially clipped by the display edge…
  • Same with developer tools, when you enable FPS counter. FPS numbers in the corners of the display get partially clipped away.

I could not get Openrepos Storeman client installed. It looks like installation goes fine, but app icon never appears to app grid.
Tried with: harbour-storeman-installer-2.2.6-release7.noarch.rpm

@Sepelius Tested SIM card tray and it opened normally for me. A bit tight, but opened before it broke :sweat_smile:

For this big of a phone, I find it a bit cumbersome that keypad for unlocking the device is positioned right at the bottom of device. Personally would feel that one hand operation would be more natural, if keypad were positioned a bit higher on display. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I think when mine arrives I will probably do the same. Park it to one side until some of the bugs are ironed out. Thank you to those that are using theirs and reporting back!

Meantime as an interim I have a Nokia N9 arriving tomorrow…Anyone remember those?

https://buy.jolla-devices.com/product/nokia-n9/

4 Likes

Of course. The best device that Nokia ever created

6 Likes

Amen brother. In Cyan.

Sure, the N9 was such a great device, loved it immensely as my nick suggests

1 Like

Please, don´t make me cry. I still have my N9 and start it from time to time to remember the good old times.
It´s a shame what happened…

3 Likes

Sorry dude. At 99 bucks I couldn’t resist. Phone, text & mail is really all I want on a device so…

Need to go deeper then I use the Mac at home.

I suppose it will probably get to the stage where I cart 2 devices around with me…

99 it is twice as much as it is worth without a sentiment.

You’re saying it’s cheap or you’re saying it’s expensive?

And there must be sentiment there or you wouldn’t have posted.

Try in your own language and we’ll run it through Deepl

If you ARE saying that 99 is too much, would you care to explain why, in your opinion, you think so? Otherwise it’s just a spam comment. It says nothing. It makes no sense.

I still use my N9 as a NFC reader every once in a while. :grinning:

Just inhale these 1 minute and 44 seconds of greatness:

7 Likes

Quite corner cases but well spotted! I’ll do something for those.

4 Likes

You are absolutely correct, opened with a marginal amount of extra force. Now trying to get the device recognize my SIM itself. :smiley: I did a small unboxing video and will try to edit it to post somewhere online at some point.

1 Like

I remember we were asked: do you preffer quick delivery over stability

And i think the answer was: deliver :slight_smile:

Second, my understanding is: volte testers get it first

I thought therefore this batch goes anyway to testers only. Am i wrong ?

5 Likes

Yes, that is correct.

Not testers only but hardware and software is the same what goes to VoLTE tester. VoLTE testers should get VoLTE packages before others – once we get the process rolling.

4 Likes

I often play with my n900. There is nothing like hardware keyboard…

4 Likes

It looks like still there isn’t clock and alarm adjustment function in the Settings and I don’t remember where I downloaded it previosly from. Could somebody please remind me as well as new users. Another thing I noticed is that although I put remember me when locking in to Sailfish forum it does not remember me when I next time lock in.