Fahrplan thread

Denmark (rejseplanen.dk) as backend is broken.

API link: https://help.rejseplanen.dk/hc/en-us/articles/214174465-Rejseplanen-s-API

Funny you should mention it. I’m in contact with support. It’s in the works.

1 Like

I use Fahrplan 2.0.42.2 at this time on a Xperia 10lll.

• Do you plan to add an option for Saving the current connection?

I have an Idea for optical changes in the App:

• It would be more user-friendly if you made the heading in two lines. So the Target destination is better to read.

• The shorted words in line two looks not good. (I know you do this because of the space on mobilephone- screens).
    I think Icons are a better way here. See my Screenshot with declaration:

• The last one concerns the width of the columns. If there are more than 2 Vehicles on this connection, the third on is a litle bit in the Arrival-column .

Take more space for the Departure column please.

These are only ideas from me. I like your App.

1 Like

The first two suggestions are good ones. I’ll make some tickets for these. The Vehicle line can become much longer than three, so I don’t think that issue can be addressed with column width. Thanks!

I’m glad to hear that. Let me know if you would use my icons for that.

Good point. Here would then be more lines a better solution to create more space for vehicles.

Sure. SVGs? Do you have github access? Thanks!

Yes, I have. I will contact you there about that.

A good timetable app is the one from SBB and only minimal information are showed. For instance, Departure and Arrival time are useless.

Departure Arrival Duration Changes
08:00 10:00 2:00 3

Could be:

Change/Icon
08:00 → 10:00 2:00 3

I think the arrival icon is slightly too big, to to fit the others.
Just my five cents.

9292.nl timing fixes and some translation updates:

Up on openrepos and building on chum as I type.

Thanks to wheelseal and dyraig!

2 Likes

We’re now some time further, and I’ve been happily using Fahrplan (very grateful for the last 9292.nl-fix! :star_struck:).

However, last Saturday, I encountered an issue that actually caused me to miss my bus… What happened? Well, often, I look up one of my standard connections starting at the bus stop I usually take. That works just fine and I get the correct departure time. This time round, I had put in our address as starting point. Fahrplan correctly showed the walking time it takes to get to the bus stop in the details (i.e. when tapping on the connection), so the correct information is there - but not in the overview (i.e. the list with all connections found). There, the time the bus is leaving at the bus stop is shown (as opposed to that time minus walking time). Unfortunately, I realised that too late - and so I was too late as well… :open_mouth: :slightly_smiling_face:

So, I would like to make the feature request to deduct the walking time to the first stop from the departure time that is shown in the overview (so that the departure time shown is the actual time one has to leave from the address given) - if you get a chance to do so. (BTW: I have not yet checked whether the arrival time has the same issue.) Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Ah, that looks like an oversight on my part. It was quite a bit of fiddling since I wasn’t that familiar with 9292. I’ve made an issue:

1 Like

Doh, sorry, I should of course have created an issue - will do again next time!

It would be helpful if you gave me an example address :slight_smile: I can produce a ‘begins’ with walking route by just trying random stops, but it’d be good to have a ‘real’ example. Thanks!

Certainly - I just tried this (also rather random) one:

Reisadvies
Vertrek  13:29 Anne Franklaan 42, Pijnacker
  Lopen (18 minuten)
Aankomst 13:47 Metrostation Pijnacker Zuid, Pijnacker
  Metro E richting Slinge (RET)
Vertrek  13:47 Metrostation Pijnacker Zuid, Pijnacker Perron 2
Aankomst 13:59 Metrostation Blijdorp, Rotterdam Perron 2
Vertrek  13:59 Metrostation Blijdorp, Rotterdam
  Lopen (5 minuten)
Aankomst 14:04 Statenweg 42B, Rotterdam

In Fahrplan, the departure (“vertrek”) time is given as 13:47 and the arrival (“aankomst”) time as 14:04, so it seems as if only the departure time is wrong in the overview.

Thanks! I just looked in the parser and there was a block I left in tact that explicitly removes the walk times! fahrplan/parser_ninetwo.cpp at 045be82c2e31ab5a619fef2867d1a5c540e4217f · poetaster/fahrplan · GitHub

Why that was the case is a bit of a puzzle to me now. I’ll try building it without that block, since I fixed the cumulative walking times and this should NOT be necessary.

1 Like

Wrong. Walking parts have no datatime info. Just duration. I had done the datetime calculation for Arrival, but missed departure. sigh. Fixed now and release on the road!

2 Likes

Version 2.0.44 has been released. It corrects journeys which begin with walking on 9292 in the netherlands. On chum soon, on openrepos Fahrplan (fork) | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System

Thanks for the helpful change! I tested the new version of Chum. After choosing the departure point and arrival point, a list of possible connections appears. Under the heading duration, walking time is taken into account. Under the heading departure time, the departure time is given from the station. Although the walking time is listed in the details screen, it is not taken into account in the previously mentioned overview.

I don’t think it is a major shortcoming, however, I hope you will benefit from my constructive test result.

Thanks for the feed back!

Best thing is to give me some station examples. I did a bunch of Street Adress → Walking → Metro like tests (and simple metro->metro) but realized there where some subleties that I still wasn’t calculating for.

In any case, the total duration of walking should be correct. What might appear is that two, for instance, metro stations are connected by walking. The walking duration should match the diff. between arrival and departure of metro trains. That’s the data model, sigh.