Email accounts need to be updated

REPRODUCIBILITY: ?
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: yes?, maybe, not sure

DESCRIPTION:

This morning I got a notification from one of my email accounts saying it needs to be updated, so I added the correct password and the account works again. 3 hours later, I get 2 notification stating that 2 other email accounts need updating. Despite the notifications, the accounts still send and receive regardless of account status according to the device.

PRECONDITIONS:

Have a few email accounts installed, maybe just one account will do.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

  1. Get a notification that email account/s need updating.
  2. Try sending/receiving before actually updating any account.

EXPECTED RESULT:

That accounts actually need updating do not send or receive without being updated.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Account/s do send and receive without being updated.

MODIFICATIONS:

None.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with 2 accounts. Both are standard accounts. What type of email did you set up?

As a workaround, you can delete your account and create a new one.

No, I’m not doing ‘workarounds’ as I stated the accounts work fine but why the notifications?

i get these notifications for weeks now…
i just ignore them and swipe them away.
everything works as it should

2 Likes

Agreed! :slight_smile:
Thanks for your insight @misc11

Maybe those notifications happen when the account cant connect to the server?

@thigg This bug occures sometimes on my phones, too. If I do nothing and try later, it works again. I also have 3 mail accounts with a lot of subdirectories configured.

I assume some issues with timeout, mail server responds too slow, or maybe SFOS too slow for dealing with 3 accounts at the same time.

Maybe it would be a good idea if the phone would not try to sync all accounts at the same time, but better would sync the 1st account, if ready, wait a minute, then sync the 2nd account, wait a minute, and so on.

The last 2 update times, the mail accounts survived SFOS updating! :+1: In earlier times I always had to delete the old mail accounts, reboot and then recreate them.

Perhaps some more detailed error message would be helpful from the OS: timeout, network error, DNS error, actually rejected credentials…

I catched some logs. I hope there’re usefull:

art[12151]: [W] unknown:0 - Could not open "/usr/share/sailfish-browser/data/ua-update.json.in"
art[12151]: [W] unknown:0 - "/home/defaultuser/.cache/com.jolla/email/.mozilla/ua-update.json" parse error "illegal value" at offset 0
dbus-daemon[1657]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.pacrunner' unit='dbus-org.pacrunner.service' requested by ':1.371' (uid=100000 pid=11849 comm="/usr/bin/xdg-dbus-proxy --fd=4 --args=9" label="u:r:kernel:s0")
dbus-daemon[1657]: dbus-daemon[1657]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.pacrunner' unit='dbus-org.pacrunner.service' requested by ':1.371' (uid=100000 pid=11849 comm="/usr/bin/xdg-dbus-proxy --fd=4 --args=9" label="u:r:kernel:s0")
systemd[1]: Starting Pacrunner service...
kernel: EXT4-fs (dm-2): errors=remount-ro for active namespaces on umount 0
dbus-daemon[1657]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.pacrunner'
dbus-daemon[1657]: dbus-daemon[1657]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.pacrunner'
systemd[1]: Started Pacrunner service.
pacrunner[32085]: pacrunner[32085]: PAC Runner version 0.15
pacrunner[32085]: PAC Runner version 0.15
dbus-daemon[5287]: greHome from GRE_HOME:/usr/bin
dbus-daemon[5287]: libxul.so is not found, in /usr/bin/libxul.so
dbus-daemon[5287]: Created LOG for EmbedLiteTrace
dbus-daemon[5287]: Created LOG for EmbedLite
dbus-daemon[5287]: Created LOG for EmbedPrefs
dbus-daemon[5287]: console.error: services.settings:
dbus-daemon[5287]:   main/hijack-blocklists Signature failed  InvalidSignatureError: Invalid content signature (main/hijack-blocklists)
dbus-daemon[5287]: console.error: services.settings:
dbus-daemon[5287]:   main/hijack-blocklists local data was corrupted
dbus-daemon[5287]: console.warn: services.settings: main/hijack-blocklists Signature verified failed. Retry from scratch
dbus-daemon[5287]: console.error: services.settings:
dbus-daemon[5287]:   main/hijack-blocklists Signature failed again InvalidSignatureError: Invalid content signature (main/hijack-blocklists)
dbus-daemon[5287]: dbus-daemon[5287]: [session uid=100000 pid=5287] Activating via systemd: service name='org.nemo.transferengine' unit='transferengine.service' requested by ':1.21' (uid=100000 pid=5359 comm="/usr/bin/messageserver5                          " label="u:r:kernel:s0")
systemd[5251]: Starting Transfer engine...
dbus-daemon[5287]: dbus-daemon[5287]: [session uid=100000 pid=5287] Successfully activated service 'org.nemo.transferengine'
systemd[5251]: Started Transfer engine.
lipstick[11403]: [D] unknown:0 - Specified Desktop file does not exist "/usr/share/applications/jolla-signon-ui.desktop"
lipstick[11403]: [W] unknown:0 - No desktop entry for process name: "jolla-signon-ui"
[11826]: [W] unknown:0 - "jolla-signon-ui: CredentialsNeedUpdate now true.  From: messageserver5.  Notification currently exists: true"
3 Likes