I use a sony XA2 PLUS DUAL SIM: the first sim is for personal use while the other is for professional use.
I would like to know if it is possible to improve the management of dual sim mobile phones for mainly:
- dissociate the uses linked to each sim card
- have the possibility of simultaneously activating the 2 cards in transmission AND reception
Currently, you have to choose which card answers calls and messages, because if both cards are active for reception, only one is active for transmission. For me this management is a source of many errors on a daily basis with my interlocutors. I often do not see clearly what is the source of the call or the message. I forget to reactivate the right card to answer calls or messages and my contacts can see my 2 phone numbers. In addition, the search for contacts of one or the other of these 2 categories (professional / personal) is laborious, because there is no distinction everything is mixed. Likewise, putting one or the other of the sims on standby would make it possible to better manage uses: in the evenings and weekends, I would like to cut the professional line while the week during the day, I would like to put in watch the personal line. Finally, 2 phones would probably be easier to manage…
Here is a summary of the functions that I think are necessary to manage dual sim phones:
- make calls and answer messages without having to change sim cards on the fly
- associate a ringtone by sim card to immediately identify the source
- separate professional and personal contacts or be able to view their connection to one or the other of the sim cards
- have an “airplane” mode capable of switching to standby a single sim card at a time
Is there an application which already responds to this mode of management of dual sim cards (jolla store, openrepos, android …) ?
Can Jolla implement in a future update of the system at least a function allowing to activate the 2 sim cards simultaneously in reception AND transmission so that it is possible to make calls and send messages without having to switch from there to each other like today?
If not, is it possible to create such an application or are there any technical or software restrictions ? Therefore, is it possible for a beginner (me) to design such an application and with what basic knowledge to acquire?
good to you.