Detected update 4.3.0.15!

Here: [Changelog] 4.3.0 Suomenlinna

I did perform the Update on my Sony X Compact without any issues like it should be.

But i got a warning, that nano is installed and should be removed before the update. I did remove it with Chum/Storeman and the Installer still sayed its there but as you read it already the update works flawlessy.

Cool, thanks @jovirkku
More interesting for devs, if I get it right.
(I’ll update when I’ll manage the SDK. It will be SFOS 8.5 at this time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

For the very very adventurous:

https://build.sailfishos.org/package/show/home:nephros:devel/localepurge

This is run as root and deletes random stuff from the system. You have been warned, and get to keep all pieces of any breakage this causes.

5 Likes

No, there’s nothing there. I’ll keep searching…

Does it have a dry-run mode?

Not really. It’s a tool for real men (i.e. fools)!

Well, as long as DONTBOTHERNEWLOCALE is commented OUT in /etc/locale.nopurge and you’ve never run it it shouldn’t do anything, but that is

a) not foolproof
b) not tested by me
c) not a real dry-run as it doesn’t show what would be done.

OTOH it’s just a shell script, you can replace the actual calls to rm and find -delete with an echo or so.

2 Likes

Well, at least xulrunner-qt5 was recompiled (in January '22) but it’s still the same version (down to the +git version). However sailfish-browser is not re-compiled (still compiled in September '21), so there really shouldn’t be any change…

Have you tried enlarging root partition size? There’s instructions in Guide: Installing Sailfish X on Xperias - together.jolla.com.

1 Like

That’s what I am planning to do soon, I guess that 4 GB should be enough. Hopefully those instructions are still OK now that rootfs is encrypted.

Fantastic quick reaction…thanks! I tried to install the noarch version from your repo, but it couldn’t be installed. Then I looked in chum and openrepos but nothing turned up. Where should I install it from?

I get as far as to the “Jolla Recovery v2.0” menu and then I pick item number 3) Shell and then it complains

WARNING: Locking directory /run/cryptsetup is missing!

Type your devicelock code and press [ENTER] key:
(please note that the typed numbers won’t be shown for security reasons)

I tried to search for a solution, but didn’t find anything. What is the “devicelock code” and where do I find it?

Device Lock code is just the device pin (not the simcard pin)

Probably entering the pin wouldn’t help much with no cryptsetup installed - but maybe it’s just not in the search path.

The directory /run/cryptosetup does indeed exist. A directory like this shouldn’t be in the $PATH. I wonder if I can proceed from here?

Now, I have gotten as far as:

• e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/sailfish-home
  • Shrink size of “home” file-system to 10 GiB (you might use 30G on 64 GiB devices):
    resize2fs /dev/mapper/sailfish-home 10G
  • e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/sailfish-home
  • lvm lvchange -a n sailfish/home

but the last command gives me:

/ # lvm lvchange -a n sailfish/home
/dev/mmcblk0rpmb: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error

Am I doomed now?

I wasn’t. I could reboot all right. But no changes in partition sizes, of course.

Still talking to myself …it turned out that the input/output error message was harmless. I completed the volume resizing procedure according to the instructions and everything is okay now. My root partition is now 4 GB instead of the old 2.5 GB.

3 Likes

Things that have gone “wrong” since I updated and started looking. I do not recall these issues before, but they may have been there. XperiaX.

• Crest and SysMon both went “No response, wait or kill” until I did another reboot
  • APKPure went full background zombie and ate the battery after it was stopped. Another apparently inactive process is apparently always there.
  • WhatsApp seems to be auto starting background services despite it being flagged NOT to do so. After chomping away, it eventually stops. This looks suspiciously like it auto starts and then gets killed.

YMMV

@jovirkku I have no update available for 4.3.0.15 while it should be available. Is this not an update for the XA2?

How did this turn out? Currently updating xperia 10 II and it’s been stuck at 100% for about 45 minutes now.

Edit: all good now, vol up + vol down + power after waiting for a bit and booted into 4.3.0.15.