Detected update 4.3.0.15!

With 4.3.0.15 on Xperia 10 still problems with Advanced Camera. Main camera + flash worked exactly one time after installing and never again. Selfie camera works fine.

Jolla camera: both cameras working fine.

1 Like

I’m quite happy with gphoto for Android which I found including some Xperia specific configs in the XDA developer forum.

Only a week ago I’ve had over 900 MB of free space on the rootfs. Now I have 750 MB and I wonder where did nearly 200 MB go. The only important thing that I did in the meantime was appying the 4.3.0.15 OS update. Did it eat 200 MB or what? Where should I look and what to check?

Maybe /var/cache?
Could be the updated rpms are still there.

Answer seems obvious, don’t lough at me, but I don’t find: is there a changelog or alike to see what has been modified in the 4.3.0.15 update?

Here: [Changelog] 4.3.0 Suomenlinna

I did perform the Update on my Sony X Compact without any issues like it should be.

But i got a warning, that nano is installed and should be removed before the update. I did remove it with Chum/Storeman and the Installer still sayed its there but as you read it already the update works flawlessy.

Cool, thanks @jovirkku
More interesting for devs, if I get it right.
(I’ll update when I’ll manage the SDK. It will be SFOS 8.5 at this time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

For the very very adventurous:

https://build.sailfishos.org/package/show/home:nephros:devel/localepurge

This is run as root and deletes random stuff from the system. You have been warned, and get to keep all pieces of any breakage this causes.

5 Likes

No, there’s nothing there. I’ll keep searching…

Does it have a dry-run mode?

Not really. It’s a tool for real men (i.e. fools)!

Well, as long as DONTBOTHERNEWLOCALE is commented OUT in /etc/locale.nopurge and you’ve never run it it shouldn’t do anything, but that is

a) not foolproof
b) not tested by me
c) not a real dry-run as it doesn’t show what would be done.

OTOH it’s just a shell script, you can replace the actual calls to rm and find -delete with an echo or so.

2 Likes

Well, at least xulrunner-qt5 was recompiled (in January '22) but it’s still the same version (down to the +git version). However sailfish-browser is not re-compiled (still compiled in September '21), so there really shouldn’t be any change…

Have you tried enlarging root partition size? There’s instructions in Guide: Installing Sailfish X on Xperias - together.jolla.com.

1 Like

That’s what I am planning to do soon, I guess that 4 GB should be enough. Hopefully those instructions are still OK now that rootfs is encrypted.

Fantastic quick reaction…thanks! I tried to install the noarch version from your repo, but it couldn’t be installed. Then I looked in chum and openrepos but nothing turned up. Where should I install it from?

I get as far as to the “Jolla Recovery v2.0” menu and then I pick item number 3) Shell and then it complains

WARNING: Locking directory /run/cryptsetup is missing!

Type your devicelock code and press [ENTER] key:
(please note that the typed numbers won’t be shown for security reasons)

I tried to search for a solution, but didn’t find anything. What is the “devicelock code” and where do I find it?

Device Lock code is just the device pin (not the simcard pin)

Probably entering the pin wouldn’t help much with no cryptsetup installed - but maybe it’s just not in the search path.

The directory /run/cryptosetup does indeed exist. A directory like this shouldn’t be in the $PATH. I wonder if I can proceed from here?