Covpass - Vaccination status App?

@apozaf : Do you refer to

or to
https://pubmed.de/ ?

we would need to hack their encryption

1 Like

I am sorry for beeing inpolite but I do not believe a single word you say.

That maybe because I am one of T.H.E.M. or a mindless minion of the $SomeConspiracy.

Guys, this discussion is seriously heading towards paranoid blabla.

7 Likes

We should stop discussing OT here. In science there are facts, there are conclusions and there are opinions. Facts should be checked, conclusions should be analysed and an opinion you may follow or not ā€¦ Just saying someone is wrong simply is - ok, letā€™s say - childish. This discussion over here is fruitless and it is the wrong place (In a different style and a different forum such discussion may be helpful, though)

11 Likes

If you need the green Covid Pass QR code on your phone, the Swiss Covid Certificate app works fine (the application is open source and works with EU certificates despite the description saying itā€™s limited to Switzerland).

1 Like

The certification section of Tous Anti-COVID (France) works fine offline. The Bluetooth bit fails gracefully.
The Verif(y) app probably phones home. It will verify/invalidate whilst offline but requires a connection upon startup. It doesnā€™t ask for your business information but probably uses IP-based location. Both seem quality software IMHO.
The QR code contains your name and DoB, your last vaccination date and probably how many jabs you had and vaccine type.

Since the user app doesnā€™t need to phone home, a screenshot will save you starting up Dalvik. Paper is apparently also fine at the moment.

1 Like

This is what I do. And carry my who passport.

Has anyone managed to install the NHS App via the Aurora store? I canā€™t find it in the list when I do a search (I donā€™t have a google account, so I use the generic one). Or is there any other way to get onto a Sailfish device? I have an XA2 Ultra, so am on a decent android version.

For the German Covpass App they used some form of geoblocking, this was the work around:
https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore/-/issues/668.
Maybe for the NHS it is the same?

3 Likes

Maybe itā€™s the same as for the German app: That is only available from a German account and/or from a German IP address.
As Aurora uses a fake and random user ID that is probably not registered to your country and hence not visible. It happens to me as well, even if I login with my Google account, that is bound to a German phone number.
Finally I got it from APKPure

1 Like

Anyone who hasnā€™t tried it should install @slava 's barcode app and scan the EU certificate code. It showā€™s everything it can/should. I show it to bouncers just to confuse them. Since Iā€™m a Canadian in Germany they get even more confused. evil, I know.

4 Likes

@davidrasch Thanks that would make some sense, though itā€™s annoying that some countries do that.

@jollajo Thanks, Iā€™ll try APKPure.

@poetaster Iā€™ll look into that too.

Thanks all.

If you have installed fdroid, you can find the CovPass app there. I even think itā€™s the original one

1 Like

i ve installed tbe nhs app from apkpure. the app works ok-ish, the covid cert shows fine, but the download option does not work, and the option to emai the certificate does not actually work.

1 Like

Thanks, I got it from someone elseā€™s phone using APK Extractor, in the end.

Yes, Iā€™ve seen the same behaviour. I think we can get the pdf from the website though.

Can we get rid of the anti-vax ranting over here? @jovirkku, anyone? This thread is discussing about the app, not the purpose of covid pass.

5 Likes

As to the contact tracing, that was, if I remember correctly Apple / Google only because of some changes to the bluetooth stack?

EDIT: it appears there is a microg implementation of the Exposure Notification Framework so I guess that this should include tracing: Corona Contact Tracing Germany | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

From the sentiments here, it sounds like that isnā€™t the case. Has someone tried debuging the open version?

EDIT2: I should have read to the bottom first:

Does CCTG run on Sailfish devices?

Yes, BUT with one important caveat: Apps running via the Sailfish Android compatibility layer canā€™t access the devices Bluetooth functionality so the core contact tracing functionality wonā€™t work. All other functionality like check-ins, contact diary, receiving test results and saving vaccination certificates is available though.

Weā€™ve also heard people successfully use the Sailfish native app Contrac for the contact tracing functionality.

1 Like

Plos One for the win, dude. PLOS ONE: accelerating the publication of peer-reviewed science