Covpass - Vaccination status App?

'I don’t live in China. You?
That sounds more like an aluminum hat syndrome ;-).

1 Like

https://lkml.org/lkml/2021/6/10/957

It is really simple. You don’t want it, then just don’t use it.

2 Likes

Works in a world with free choice. I rather don’t have an app available at all, so I cannot be forced to use it.

3 Likes

just a note. take a picture of the QR code, but it in gallery. someone scans it, checks your id. finished. no need for an app. Of course, You have to get the paper version. But it’s completely trivial.

The QR code is just a picture. It needs to be verified against another picture (passport, etc). So, I’m not sure what we’re still talking about? Is there any place you can’t just get a print out?

EDIT: so far I’ve only showed my WHO yellow vaccination certificate.

3 Likes

You don’t actually need them, but if you want:

The apk can be installed and used on the XA2 without any problems. Open source, no trackers, dictator-free, no foreign genes and no Big Brother inside. Use it or not.

Forget: no google needed.

4 Likes

Just for the clearification:
There is the source code on github, right?
I’m no coder, just an advanced user - can I install it with the source code? Or maybe just easier: Is there somwhere the droid apk such that I can install it to my XA2 and boom?

I have no Google on my device and thats the way I want it. But as always, I also do not trust in other stores that much, so when it appears on apptoide e.g. I don’t know if there is no change in the code before uploading. I don’t know if this can be validated.

The Italian “green pass” rolled out. You can get it as a .pdf, as a downloadable .png of a QR code, or through another state app that already works on Aliendalvik 10 (IO-app). So no issues at all, it is perfectly usable with Sailfish. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Now in store there is a little app named “Ielig Image” for showing the QR code picture (or other pics). The app will always start with the first pic in order. And you can create your own order in “Sort mode”. So set the QR code picture to the first position.

FYI: Don’t add to many pics to the app or you have to wait some time for starting.

… or use barwal by @adekker (scan first, copy string, paste into barwal). It may fail ATM, because of spaces in the string…

Edit: fixed in 1.0-3 (after a couple of minutes… :wink: )

Hope to have tackled the space issue in the latest version.

1 Like

what bout an app that creates a valid qr code?

BarWal does it. Doesn’t it suit your needs?

Slava’s QR Clip will also do this:
https://openrepos.net/content/slava/qr-clip

3 Likes

Actually I had to show the vaccination certificate against measles for my children to access school in Germany two years ago.

I would consider the name and birth date as a pretty unique identifier

Hi all,

The Dutch government has the app CoronaCheck where you can generate your certificate. For this you need to log in with the Digid app. This works fine thankfully using codes and QR scan for logging in via my laptop etc.

However to generate my cert I need to login to my Digid. The problem is this brings up the Browser and digid login via the web. I cannot complete the log in process as it requires a QR code to be scanned. How to I make the app bring up the DigiD app itself to log in ?

Any other Dutch SFOS users have this issue ?

Edit: The prompt from the app pulls up https://tvs.coronacheck.nl/authorize?redirect_uri=coronacheck%3A%2F

Edit 2: Sorry for the extra edits. But I was just able to generate the QR code via the website and save it to my phone. So no real issue, solved. I can now travel :slight_smile:

Not an answer to your question, but you can just download a PDF with the QR-code via CoronaCheck Print Portaal. Put the pdf(s) or your mobile, and just show them using the Document viewer. Works fine, no app needed. If you’re vaccinated the code is valid for one year after vaccination, so (hopefully) it’s a one-time-hassle.

5 Likes

Do you actually believe what kind of nonsense you are spreading here? If you have a problem with software that just reads a QR code and shows it along with your name, then just don’t install it.

Digital footprints that you leave here in the forum with your browser will have worse consequences for you than using Covpass. Your political opinions have nothing to do with the question of the TO. Better to contribute something to the topic.

7 Likes

Please try to be civil, leave out politics and stay on topic, thanks. I’m setting this topic to slow mode now, just in case.

8 Likes