Claiming warranty on Xperia 10, should I reflash Android, lock the bootloader?

My fingerprint reader is not working, the touchscreen randomly stops registering input, I need to get it repaired. (Overall the build quality seems worse than with Xperia X)
Should I reflash the phone or do anything else to avoid possible complaints?

1 Like

I don’t know their policy in detail, but I noticed that when you go through bootloader unlock docs, it says that it “may” void your warranty. So, maybe being “open”, they still will honor it, even if you have done that, but in general it’s always seemed like the more reason you give to make them think it was your fault, the worse off you are… So, it might be a good idea to make it as stock as possible…

1 Like

Reflash the phone anyways, just in case. They can always see that you unlocked it though.

1 Like

Same.here with the display. Bending backwards helps

Thank you for the replys, I will try to flash it then. Is it simpler to use that Windows EMMA tool or some Linux CLI command? I have neither installed currently (nor any drivers if that is still necessary).
Also is there a command to lock the bootloader or will the message go away once Android is installed?

Suggest that you use Emma as will avoid driver issues, although unfortunately currently no way of locking the bootloader so message will always be there upon boot.

2 Likes

Oh really? The phone literally says “Please lock the bootloader”

Don’t know about X10, but it has been possible on previous Xperias to re-lock bl. Maybe search around xda, etc…
I’ve done it with Androxyde Flashtool, but on older phones.

I wish you good luck, I have 3 X 10 and all have those issues. I really doubt there are flawless devices out there.

In febuary I flashed two Sony XA2 with Sailfish OS. Both phones had Android 9 before. After flashing with Sailfish OS some functions did not work, e.g. the fingerprint sensor, the sound…
So I reflashed the devices back to Android and downgraded on Android 8 with Emma. Everything worked even the fingerprint sensor.
I flashed the phones again to Sailfish OS. Now everthing worked. So my advise, reflash the phone to Android. I think there is no possibility to go on Android 8 with Xperia 10 but try the lowest android version you get on Emma (the Sony flashing tool) or try different Android versions before you flash to Sailfish. Maybe it helps. Maybe some of the drivers on the latest Android version may not have the correct requirements for flashing to SailfishOS.

1 Like