Cell Broadcast alerts (Germany)

No message. Xperia 10 III, SFOS 4.4.0.72 - [maxxim.de] (O2-reseller)

Got this with xperia 10 iii SFOS 4.4.0.72 dualsim t-mobile and o2 no sound :

I don’t

How could it have been a.cell broadcast message given the date of my post.

Although: Mobile was off today untill 1 pm. No message. Vodafone Germany

1 Like

No message (or sound) on Xperia 10ii with 4.4.0.72 provider Telekom. However some people in the same room also with Telekom but different operating system did also not receive it.

1 Like

Same same here (Sony 10 II, latest 4.4.0.72 with Congstar / DT provider) no cell broadcast received or eventually send to /dev/null on the device.

And don’t forget to give your feedback to https://warntag-umfrage.de/ as mentioned earlier.

I’ve received no cell broadcast as well. XA2 with 4.4.0.72 with the provider congstar (T-Mobile reseller)

Same here:
no message with Xperia 10ii, SFOS 4.4.0.72 and Congstar SIM,
but perfect message with Xperia 10iii, SFOS 4.4.0.72 and Vodafone SIM

No Broadcast Message, Provider o2 Germany, Mobile Sony XA2, SFOS 4.4.0.72

Saw right now on TV, that the half of all cellphone users got no message.

1 Like

Yes…my wife and I got no warning on neither of our Sailfish Phones (Xperia 10 and Xperia X Compact). From my team at work only 2 out of 7 got the warning. All Android but most of them Googlefree.

FYI, TelefĂłnica / O2 clearly states on their corresponding web-page (www.telefonica.de/cell-broadcast-english.html), that they will introduce the Cell Broadcast service in Germany on the 23 February 2023!

Consequently, when using a SIM card from any (virtual) network provider utilising Telefonica’s infrastructure, one has should have received nothing on this “Warn-Day 2022” in Germany (because 2022-12-08 < 2023-02-23).

Nobody seems to have noticed that (or I have missed that in this discussion thread), even though 12 people have already clicked on the German language version of Telefonica’s web-page about introducing the deployment of alert messages via Cell Broadcast in Germany.
Furthermore it makes much more sense to provide Jolla and the SailfishOS community with the English language version of this web-page: Cell Broadcast - Nationwide warning channel | TelefĂłnica Deutschland

2 Likes

Worked for me with O2 Germany.

1 Like

That’s odd, I did receive the warning message from O2 today

1 Like

O2 Germany (reseller Drillisch) - 3 Multi SIM of same contract

• 10 III (4.4.0.68) - no message (btw: Apocalypse App did warn, so thanks from my side to @BlacksheepGER )
  • 10 II (4.4.0.68) - no message
  • 10 IV (Android) - working cell broadcast message

[10 II & IV in the same cell]

…so O2 Germany did send the cell broadcast message, but SF OS 4.4.0.68 didn’t support it on my 10 II & III

1 Like

So there are also big inconsistencys in my friend circle with their Android-Smartphones:

There are some Devices that didn´t also show the Warn-Message independent from the Network-Carrier.
While one Redmii Note 8 get the Message another didn´t. (Same EMUI-Update and enabled “Allow Receiving Emergency Messages”).

I did receive it on my XA2(Vodafone) single SIM

Since it’s called CELL broadcast, I presume that not only the reception may fail due to e.g. unsupported/old phone firmware but also the transmission may have failed because some BTS might not be configured properly yet.
Just my two cents.
At least some combinations worked - except for the audio alerts, which, from what I’ve read, didn’t work for anyone.

2 Likes

summa_summarum … hope and pray they get sirens in place before the next flood. I live in a ‘garison town’ so we have sirens.

Sadly, it’s more likely that they’ll push notifications to what’sthefuckapp.

2 Likes

If something like a flood happens the cell tower will be left with now power before the german authorities actually send out a message. Sirens with generators are the only reliable thing.

But for the people who died in the towns where the firefighters did warn about a very heavy flood by driving through every street with a loudspeaker message, there is no help. They will play down natural catstrophies beforehand with sirens or cell broadcast, too.

Didn’t worked for me :frowning:
10 III (4.4.0.72) “O2 Serviceprovider”

No SMS, No Cell broadcast