Can't set new lock code

I’ve want to change 5-digit lock code to 8 digit, but new code is not accepted with message “new code must differ from old code” (5-digit code is subset of new 8-digit code), even if I first remove lock code or set another code
what can I do to make it forgot “old” codes, so I can set old one?

4 Likes

You could remove the lock code entirely and set the new one afterwards.
And I’d consider this a bug, I’m just imaginating the relevant piece of source code and start to grin :grin:
(Having written so many bugs of that calibre on my own, I mean …)

2 Likes

Removing code has no effect, new code is rejected if it has been used in past

remove the lock code entirely and set the new one afterwards

1 Like

Confirmed. This is a nasty bug! Now I can’t even return to my trusty old lock code! Would you please create a report in the Bug Reports category?

1 Like

What about using a (or even three) different lock codes before switching to the old one?

What about using a (or even three) different lock codes before switching to the old one?

not working, I have no luck to find out how deep “history” is or way to clear it

sadly it’s not a bug

1 Like

That just does not make sense @Jolla.
This is our device! And if we like to use same code again why not, we are responsible. It is not that this device belongs to a SFOS domain and we are forced to follow your password rules, or are we?
I would even not like a warning as that means the (hopefully hashed) code history is still on device.
How many, how long is history?

@luxferre
I do second Maus and you should create a bug report!

2 Likes