Cannot send or receive MMS, Swedish 3

So, I’ve been using Sailfish since the start with J1. It’s been increasingly tricky to get the MMS working. I have had to tinker a lot with different settings, using alternative IP proxy addresses and access point names. In the end, after a lot of effort, I’ve managed to get it working.
This time not so. I’ve been trying all kind of settings to no avail and searched the forum and tried all suggestions but no cigar. It is extremely frustrating and I can’t think of more to do. I’m using a ver 4.4.0.68 on Xperia 10 iii .
Symptoms right now are that when receiving an mms, it says downloading but nothing comes and in the end a message that the mms failed to download.
Sending an mms fails and in the logs I find:
12:25:53 [mms-connection-nemo] MessageCenter: http://mms.tre.se
12:25:53 [mms-connection-nemo] Activate /ril_0/context2
12:25:53 [mms-ofono] Activating /ril_0/context2
12:25:53 [mms-ofono] ERROR: GDBus.Error:org.ofono.Error.Failed: Operation failed
12:25:53 [mms-ofono] Giving up on /ril_0/context2
12:25:53 [mms-dispatcher] 240020011209428 FAILED

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Or if anyone using Swedish 3 having it work and the right settings I would appreciate knowing those.

Pete

I have the same issues but on a Xperia 10 ii. I have not been able to send or receive a mms since the 4.4.0.68 upgrade. I have Hallon as provider but they use the 3 network so probably due to the same reason.

1 Like

I had the exact same problem with Hallon and Xperia 10 III. I ended up switching provider to Fello, with no problems or regrets whatsoever. I even got better signal reception where I live.
Oh yea, the fee is the same. 95 sek. a month.
In a week or so, I will also have access to 5G, just waiting for Jolla to step up. :wink:

1 Like

I have the same problem with my Hallon SIM card.

Fello uses Telia, so I guess that is why it works. What is your experience with Fello, @eson?

Only good. No complains at all. Everything just worked out of the box.
I first bought a Telia prepaid sim to test the coverage, because I live in the countryside.

1 Like

Thank you @eson, I think I will switch too.

1 Like

Ridiculous that one has to switch telco just because this bloody system can’t get it right with such a basic function. I’m extremely frustrated and angry over this and I wish someone more technically savvy on this forum could point us in the right direction. Or at least that Jolla could acknowledge the problem and let us know when it can be fixed.
But evidently it is more important with other functions and move buttons around, than such a basic thing as sending mms.
As I said, very very frustrating.

2 Likes

This problem with 3 realy have to be solved by Jolla, still not working with SFOS 4.5.0.24 -:frowning: