Can somone take over the development of Tasklist?

Hello,
a while ago, I asked the developer of harbour-tasklist in openrepos and store, if he could provide an aarch64 build version. He told me, he no longer develops Sailfish apps and some other developer should do it.
I know, there is a row of good task and shopping list apps for Sailfish OS, but TaskList fits best to my need.
Is some developer willing to create an aarch64 build of it? You can find the source on https://github.com/Armadill0/harbour-tasklist

Cheers,
kraemera

Since you aren’t asking for a feature request or a bug to get solved, I’ll try to describe here the required steps to perform a build for aarch64 on GitLab CI as wrote by CODeRUS (you could adapt these steps for GitHub too, but I like GitLab more :slight_smile: ).

    stages:
      - build

    aarch64:
      stage: build
      image: coderus/sailfishos-platform-sdk:3.4.0.24
      artifacts:
        paths:
          - "output/*"
      script:
        - mkdir output
        - mkdir ~/build
        - cp -r * ~/build
        - pushd ~/build
        - mb2 -t SailfishOS-3.4.0.24-aarch64 build
        - popd
        - cp -v ~/build/RPMS/* output
2 Likes

Thanks a lot for this advice. I am however a bit reluctant to start publishing applications on openrepos. I know, I ask a lot, but can maybe someone with more experience in Sailfish app development take this up?

I have adopted a few apps already, and I can at least try to provide an aarch64 build :slight_smile: No promises, though!

2 Likes

Thanks! Very much appreciated.

Forking an archived repo is not the way to go. Transferring the repo to a new owner would:

  1. preserve the history
  2. preserve the contributors
  3. Allow merges of requests
  4. keep the release history,
  5. etc.

Ask him if he’s willing to transfer (I accepted a transfer of tidings, which worked great).

Well, it wasn’t just a trivial rebuild, it seems… I had to create a Dropbox API application, and that has to use a different application name and Dropbox folder name, too. I should rename the application, or request the original API key and secret from the developer, and I bet I’m not getting those.

Even more interesting, I can’t get the translations working. The app has been coded so that the GUI language can be manually changed, which is the non-standard way to go. I’ll have to get back to this some other day.

Thanks anyway for looking into this.