Calendar gets synced only when opening the Calendar app

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.5.0.18
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: No, this has been around a lot longer.

DESCRIPTION:

I’m having Google account with email, contacts, calendar and so on synced automatically. However, it seems that the calendar is not synced automatically if I for instance create / modify events on Google Calendar. Sometimes my phone might alert about some event that has been removed long ago as it hasn’t been synced to the device. I have noticed this behaviour a long ago, but haven’t really bothered to investigate it further until now.

PRECONDITIONS:

An account with calendar sync is required e.g. Google. Also, syncing automatically must be selected including calendars etc.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Create an event on the other side than the device itself
  2. Notice on the device that the new created event is not appearing (even after waiting a few hours)
  3. Open Calendar app
  4. Notice that the new event gets synced and is shown

EXPECTED RESULT:

The newly created event should appear in the device within some sensible time-interval like for instance the email is synced in 30mins.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Calendar is not synced automatically and one must open the Calendar app to get it up-to-date. Also, as mentioned this might lead to some events appearing which in fact have been removed or modified earlier and thus causing confusion.

MODIFICATIONS:

None

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

None

you can set the synchronisation interval in settings accounts account

Thanks, but that’s unfortunately not the point here and that time-interval is for the email as long as the title text is correct(?). There’s no separate one for the calendar sync and regardless it’s not working. I have 30 minutes set and it works fluently for emails.

I have a seperate CalDAV Account for my calendar despite the fact that it is identical to my email account, that way the time interval is explicitely linked to the calendar synchronisation

And here the original bug report: Google calendar doesn't sync automatically

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out! Couldn’t find it before posting this.