C2 screen doesn't respond first boot

I have the same problem, I connected a small “keyboard mouse” via USB OTG, I can scroll up and down, but no way to select a language.

Add me to the list of those now stuck with a paper weight.

In the good old days (?) of the Lumias there were very complex button press sequences for different resets of bricks: soft, hard and factory. Any hope? Would Reeder have told you if these exist?

It would also be nice to have a mile-long PIN that would zap the home partition - preferably one that didn’t require pressing Enter because for some of us the touch screen is just a screen, and on my Logitech USB keyboard both Enter keys (and Delete) are disabled.

Edit: how about separate threads for (minor) annoyances and different kinds of bricks?

I thought about a reset sequence too (something like Magic SysRq key - Wikipedia which we all know). It’s hard to think that there isn’t any option. Maybe something we can “abuse” during boot up ? I also had a quick look if Reeder would have any such documentation available. But…

I second your suggestion @Ahtisilli on having separate threads.

1 Like

I have also a brick now. I dont know what went wrong. Some reflash or resetup is needed to get past the login screen afetr entering the correct security key. I guess the encryption went wrong and the device can not decrypt.

Maybe the wrong place to write this here, but…
Long time ago I had a Volla and I made it to brick the phone by some actions, but could bring it back to life by opening the phone, disconnecting the battery, reconnect after a minute and phone did boot again into flash mode. Then I could reflash it.

This is not an option. Unless one is ready to hardware hack the phone.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure, Jolla will post clear instructions how to reflash the phone. Please be patient.

1 Like

Yes, full agree, but couldn’t hold back to write this because situation now remembered me so much on what happened to me with the Volla.

1 Like

There should be an option. Experiences, however, indicate that there is no option except of really hardware-hacking the device, perhaps even only possible for Reeder !? Why are you sure ?

Sounds bold claim that flashing is not possible. Source?

Disagree… It is possible to flash every phone. How do you think they put the Image in the factory?

We need to wait until Jolla will communicate clear instructions on how to flash the phone and give an image. or recovery image, or whatever!

Jolla, and Jolla C phones need you to remove the battery in order to be able to get into recovery mode :

The Jolla Tablet though, might be reset with the Volume Down & Power buttons. I have tried many ways of such combinations. And anyway, @jovirkku said that a factory reset is not supported.

I cannot imagine any other way than just some key-sequence during boot-up that will stop the boot process and drop you in some shell. From there some things might be possible. Would you know which boot-up system/process the SailfishOS bases upon, we can understand if there are options or not.

Well, I hope you are right, in the sense that it is possible. I don’t want to send-in my phone, wait, think of dealing with costs, rights, support and all around it. Who does ? But point me please to a credible source that you can connect a locked Reeder device, as the one we have, in the locked state it is now, and that you can at least see the “drive/s” ? I mean, that you can mount them in a Linux system.

By the way, where did I write that flashing is not possible ? You need to connect to the device, somehow, before you can flash it. And this is the crux.

2 Likes

Now the phone run out of battery and i put it on charger and there is only black srceen no charging icon will appear, but i let it charge abot 1.5 hours and when i turned it on it just shuts down after 15 seconds.