[Browser] Paste multiple digits when numeric keyboard is on

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.12 (but also since 3.4 or even before)
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X10
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No?

DESCRIPTION:

When copying say, a pin number from Foil auth (or any string of digits) and opening a web page that requires numeric input (with numeric keyboard properly appearing) the Paste button only writes the first(one) digit of the clipboard contents

PRECONDITIONS:

Have digits only in clipboard
Use paste from numeric keyboard on a numeric (web) field.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Copy digits to keyboard (e.g. 1234)
  2. Open a field that only accepts numeric input (e.g. web page Tryit Editor v3.7 )
  3. Use the paste button

EXPECTED RESULT:

1234 is written in the field

ACTUAL RESULT:

Only “1” is written

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)
No errors in journalctl -f

1 Like

Maybe it’s browser-specific? Pasting numbers works in the Phone-app (keypad) just fine.

I suppose that it’s a keyboard-related thing though - that dialer app is not actually using a keyboard for paste, but accesses the clipboard and works correctly at that

You’re actually right, this is related to the browser! I just tried and paste worked correctly in Unit Converter app

This is still present in 4.4, one difference is that no digits are entered. (Tested with PayPal and Drobox 2FA sign-in pages).

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, and for checking it on the latest release. I’ve created an internal bug report about it and tagged it as “tracked”.

2 Likes