[3.4.0 onwards] Bluetooth turning on doesn't work

Just restarting systemd service helped…

1 Like

I’ve tried systemctl restart systemd , but does not seem to be the correct command.

Could you share the actual command?

In my original post, just to read more deeply :wink:

In my case, the Xperia X dual SIM, it looks like this

when BT is off

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-02-18 15:44:56 CET; 21h ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
 Main PID: 777 (bluetoothd)
   Memory: 1.3M
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─777 /usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd -n

feb 19 13:19:15 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Loading LTKs timed out for hci0
feb 19 13:19:15 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Loading LTKs timed out for hci0
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Failed to set mode: Not Powered (0x0f)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Failed to read advertising features: Unknown Command (0x01)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: hci0 Load Connection Parameters failed: Unknown Command (0x01)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Failed to get connections: Not Powered (0x0f)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Failed to set mode: Not Powered (0x0f)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Failed to read advertising features: Unknown Command (0x01)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: hci0 Load Connection Parameters failed: Unknown Command (0x01)
feb 19 13:24:00 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Failed to get connections: Not Powered (0x0f)

when BT is on

● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Thu 2021-02-18 15:44:56 CET; 21h ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
 Main PID: 777 (bluetoothd)
   Memory: 1.3M
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─777 /usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd -n

feb 19 13:19:08 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
feb 19 13:19:08 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
feb 19 13:19:08 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
feb 19 13:19:08 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint unregistered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
feb 19 13:19:12 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
feb 19 13:19:12 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
feb 19 13:19:12 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSource
feb 19 13:19:12 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Endpoint registered: sender=:1.42 path=/MediaEndpoint/A2DPSink
feb 19 13:19:15 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: bluetoothd[777]: Loading LTKs timed out for hci0
feb 19 13:19:15 Sailfish bluetoothd[777]: Loading LTKs timed out for hci0

Sending contacts from the People app to another device (Gemini PDA) via BT works.
Sending a file from the File Browser to the same device does not work.

1 Like

I’ve tried that also, but thought that you meant something more stronger/harder, because I reboot doesn’t help either.

It looks like I’m enjoying another issue with the same effects…

Thank you all for the detailed info about this problem. We have a bug report now.

3 Likes

Came here to see if somebody else is experiencing this after Koli update, was not disappointed :wink:

Restarting the BT service on my Xperia X doesn’t work (same RFKILL messages) but restarting the device makes BT work once; after a disconnect or toggling BT on/off it gets stuck and won’t budge until restart.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem after upgrading to SFOS 4 (Koli). Bluetooth works fine once, then gets stuck after trying to enable it a second time. Only rebooting resolves the issue. Using an Xperia X and everything worked as ist should before the upgrade.

I also have the exactly same problem in two XPERIA X (single and double SIM). Bluetooth works once. After disconnecting the headphones they cannot be reconnected. Only rebooting helps – but also not always. The headphones work perfectly with other devices.

I have noticed the same problem with my Xpreria X. Bluetooth used to work like a charm, but now only once and reboot needed to (maybe) have it work again. Got headphones with a cable as a “workaround”.

1 Like

Restarting the bluetooth service (bluez) is only half the solution and for me does not fix the issue when it occurs (on XA2). I also need to restart bluebinder.service for bluetooth to work again.

So I found out is has to do something with bluetooth.service as well as bluetooth-rfkill-event.service. After bluetooth fails to work when trying to enable it the second time, I did the following:

1. Killed the bluetooth-rfkill.service
  2. Restarted bluetooth.service
  3. Restarted bluetooth-rfkill.service
  4. Turned on bluetooth via Settings as usual. And the it works again (for one time :)).
4 Likes

The service to kill on my phone is called bluetooth-rfkill-event.service

sorry, i dont read all thread, but with same problem restarting bluebinder helps me

devel-su
systemctl restart bluebinder

I do not exactly know at which version it changed.

But on 3.2 a
devel-su systemctl restart bluetooth bluebinder
works.

On 4.0 I guess then a
devel-su restart bluetooth bluetooth-rfkill-event
should do the trick as well?

1 Like

on 4.0 i already has this bag, and restarting bluebinder works well

2 Likes

Yes.

Checked on different devices.

bluebinder is only present on devices with Android runtime installed

So something above is true :slight_smile:

maybe then?
devel-su restart bluetooth bluetooth-rfkill-event bluebinder

Could someone at Jolla add this bluetooth reset to the Jolla Utilities? That would be super useful.

And an Android on/off switch for the events view? Thank you ;-p

2 Likes

I think the best way is to make sure it works the right way without ever having the need to restart the service in the first place.

Yes I have this problem addition to loosing wlan and mobile network regularly. Irritating problem when you rely being reachable but the phone has dropped silently out of all connections.

1 Like

Are there users with an Xperia 10 experiencing the same issue or is it restricted to X, XA2 ?