Bluetooth audio level

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): ~%
BUILD ID: Latest
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): All
UI LANGUAGE: kernel
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

The audio level of bluetooth when connected to various devices (car infotainments, headsets) is low

PRECONDITIONS:

None

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Connect to a BT device.

EXPECTED RESULT:

“Normal” volume

ACTUAL RESULT:

Low volume that leads for a need for workarounds.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

4 Likes

Maybe this issue is due to missing some codecs.

same here with DALI IO-6 (XA2)

Have the same issue with Xperia 10 & the Bluetooth Speakerphone in my car (Nissan car entertainment system), and also with BT Earpieces. Was also the same with my old X2. It works, but too low audio level for me to hear and the telephone partner also said I was too low. Therefore it can’t be a problem of codecs, but of audio level. Please simply boost up volume!

Q: In what system file is this defined? Please give information how this can be done by small system hack.

I am not sure if this is the same issue, but here goes…

I use my Ford Audio Bluetooth connectivity a lot with my XA2/XA2Ultra, and it works fine 95% of the time. Every now and then, with no apparent reason, the audio volume with music gets capped. Changing it to lower and back to maximum doesn’t help, lowering it to zero and back to maximum doesn’t help either. Restarting the phone helps, only for it to occur at a later point again.

It’s not that big of a deal, but it gets annoying when the volume gets back up and the car audio is set to compensate the volume, hence being quite loud until I dial it down a few notches.

There is no volume control in Deezer, and the Sailfish controls are visually OK; there doesn’t seem to be that “headphones volume warning” with Bluetooth audio, so that should not be the case…

This issue doesn’t happen in every bluetooth devices. In my case, I have three bluetooth devices and volume level is low in only one of them: freebuds3.
If you boost up volume to over 100%, sound is distorted, so that is not a solution to this problem.