Beta VoLTE on the Xperia 10 III, disabled by default

I’d find a volte indicator useful. Maybe even more so on the incoming call notification. That way I could see if the device had fallen back to 2g before I answer. That service has degraded so badly that calls range from difficult to impossible to communicate anymore :frowning: If I knew before answering I could reject it and call back when I knew I’d be able to talk.

That said, I find I can slide the call notification over and peek at network status to see if it still says 4G while ringing. Not a perfect workaround, but it reduces my wife’s complaining about my ‘nerd phone’.

3 Likes

Isn’t it just better to let the regular technology indicator be visible then?

Girls and guys, the idea about the icon was just that, an idea. Some people like icons others don’t.

2 Likes

I don’t know if its the case with Xperia III too, but i realized, that with Xperia 10 II,
sometimes with Volte enabled, it is not possible to send a normal sms, if you deactivate Volte, it will work again. Maybe its just my provider, or a bug that would be great to solve. Thanks really much in advance! :slight_smile:

It can be a different issue, but I couldn’t send SMS messages at all (disabling VoLTE or visiting flight mode didn’t help), only reboot fixed it. X10III here with 4.5.0.19.

On my 10 III it happens from time to time, I’d say at least once a week. What always helps is switching the network setting in Settings / Mobile network from “4G preferred” to “2G only” and then back. The SMS message gets sent instantly and then it keep working until “the next time”.

IIRC I tried that, too. That was the first time it happened to me.

Can someone from Jolla tell us if there VoLTE will ever be available on the Xperia 10 Plus?

2 Likes

Hi,
if my provider (on paper) supports VoLTE but I can’t get it to activate on SailfishOS, is there any way I can fix this? Would be nice, because I fear my provider will shutdown 3G in 2024… :frowning:

Yes, there may be ways, but it depends on many factors including your provider’s configuration and the device you’re using.

The first thing is to check the VoLTE provider support page and see whether your provider is listed.

Some have additional instructions linked from there and in particular, many require you to follow the instructions on the filling in the gaps page.

I would say those are the two best places to check first.

2 Likes

Thank you for these hints!
But I don’t quite understand: on the one thread it gives a tutorial what to do when it doesn’t work but somehow this only applies to an Xperia 10 II. (which I don’t have). Is there also a way for the Xperia 10 III?

Because I checked with getprop persist.vendor.somc.cust.modem0 and mine (S139.1) is not in the list. I just don’t quite understand what I need to do next.