I am not a developer so this task is beyond me. I therefore wondered if anyone else might be interested.
The app in question would essentially be like the IOS/Android Stocard app (yes I know I can run this on Sailfish anyway … but its android and has loads of ads in it, etc) in that the idea is that it stores details of membership cards, store cards, etc so that you don’t have to carry all of them around with you all the time.
Storing details of a new card would include:
- Giving the new card a title in a locally stored card database
- Capturing and storing images from the camera of the front and the back of the card
- Capturing and storing any bar code or QR code on the card using the camera
- Capturing any text on the card - name, membership number, expiry date, etc
Displaying a card entry from the database would show:
- Card title and text details
- The QR or bar code (not just the image taken by the camera but a ‘proper’ rendering of the code in a standard size so that it could be scanned by a handheld reader
- The picture of the front of the card cropped to a standard size and, on selection, the back
This app would not be suitable for bank or credit cards so would not need any added security, etc.
Anyone out there fancy having a go?