REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.n
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): New in 4.3.0
After changing the data source (between wifi, mobile or none), all the Android apps I use lose data connectivity, and do not regain it after returning to the original data source. It’s necessary to restart the Android subsystem each time the data source changes.
- Xperia XA2 Plus with wifi and/or mobile data plan.
- Open Android apps (I only use APKPure, Slack, DSNote and the NZ Covid Tracer app).
- Verify that they are connected to the internet.
- Change the data source by moving out of wifi range or turning wifi off or, if on mobile data at home, by turning wifi on.
- Reverse the change in data source (return home or turn wifi on or off).
A) The Android apps retain data connectivity after step  above if the phone still has an internet connection.
B) The Android apps resume data connectivity after step  above.
None of the apps is able to connect to the internet after steps  or . For Android app internet connectivity to resume, the Android subsystem must be stopped and restarted.
This is particularly frustrating with DSNote, as forcibly stopping and restarting the Android subsystem loses local changes made in the interim. However, this is at root a Synology dev issue and not directly caused by the connectivity issue described above.