Android apps report Sailfish as rooted and unsafe

Government requiring you to use iOS/android to perform basic functions is now a conspiracy theory? My provider recently disabled their online support and it is now only available through their app (available to BOTH systems yay), not sure if someone in china now can function with os that is not ios/android as they cannot check if they are allowed to leave their homes or not without an app

1 Like

Pls read the citations. I personally do not like any sort of interaction with my government or some companies online. I actually keep an extra so called Idiot Phone.

They were:

Your replied dissing his choice of using snailmail to deal with gov when it provides only ios/android app calling it a conspiracy theory, he has a point, with programs like obama-phone only providing android phones soon snailmail might also be dropped and you will be required to carry a spy-device on you whether you like it or not (already happening in china with their zero flu policy), but enough OT

I replied suggesting that his comments on governments are OT. I did not say anything about anyone’s choices on communication media.

And… Obama? srsly? China?
Pls stop before you come to the form factor of the planet I might only dream of living on. :roll_eyes:

It seems to me, as some of you have already noted, that some of the discussion here may be veering off topic a little. In the interests of keeping things clean and clear for other users, I’d be happy to split off the conversation (my suggestion would be from post 39 onwards) into a separate topic. It would still retain a link to the parent thread.

If you would like me to do this, so that you can continue with the conversation, please let me know.

4 Likes

@flypig Splitting is imho OK. The problem @apozaf points out is a real one! Increasingly all citizens are forced to use one of the OS’es from the two big A’s to fulfill citizenship obligations and remain legally capable. Imho this is not a joke but a serious problem.

3 Likes