Amazon is not rendering in the default browser

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100% (always)
OSVERSION: 4.5.0.16
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia XA2 - h3113 - h3113 - 1.0.0.7 - armv7hl
UI LANGUAGE: Italiano (user: it_IT, os: it_IT.utf8)
REGRESSION: no

DESCRIPTION:

Amazon product page just shows ia whitee page on the browser

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Go to amazon
  2. Open a product page
  3. See it just shows for a second then it turns completely white

EXPECTED RESULTS:

To see the actual product page

ACTUAL RESULTS:

Just a white page is shown

MODIFICATIONS:

• Patchmanager: no
  • OpenRepos: yes
  • Chum: yes
  • Other: none specified

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Can’t say it a regression cause it was working when i flashed my phone last year, it just started out of nowhere with no update at all
Device Owner User: defaultuser
Home Encryption: enabled

the initial version of this bug report was created using Bugger 0.9.9+git1
2 Likes

I see the same behaviour on my X10 III.

Edit: It’s indeed not a regression as it doesn’t work on 4.4 either.

I noticed this. Switching to desktop view solves the problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, bug report created.

1 Like

Yes, they (Amazon) seem to change something since i experienced that Problem first time weeks ago.
Maybe a Update of the SailfishBrowser-Core above ESR78 will help?

Amazon crashes the browser often … I just tested with amazon.de and, after crashing once, I’m scrolling through lists and looking at individual items with no issue. I wonder if the host matters? Doesn’t make sense, but, it’s amazon!

The mobile view is also working now. But i don’t know why, because there were no updates for the browser in the meantime.

So what makes this website so special that it deserving of an official bug report tracked by Jolla, while reports like Browser is blocked by Akamai and Cloudflare and (jolla browser) Sites that aren't working get ignored for months and months?

That’s a good question, i guess the fact that it’s the most used store on the planet

I would say anyway that since this just stopped working maybe it was just a regression, while other sites just require an engine update, which should come at some point

Anyway, since i am the creator of the other post (sites that aren’t working) i really hope to see everything solved, of course…