Allow Android app to bypass screen lock?

Hello,

Is there any way to allow a particular Android app to bypass screen lock checks on Sailfish X? I ask this since I currently have the 3CX app installed on my Xperia 10 Plus, and any time I get a call on that app, I have to enter my unlock code in order to take the call. By then I usually miss the call and have to call the person back. If fingerprint unlock worked well, I think that would be fast enough, but unfortunately, at least on my Xperia 10 Plus, the fingerprint reader is too unreliable to be used in this scenario.

Basically, what I am looking for is for 3CX to behave just like receiving a native phone call on Sailfish. On my LineageOS for microG phone, I can easily answer a call since the 3CX answer screen can be interacted with directly in this case without any sort of unlock being needed. Obviously there is another layer when Sailfish X is in the mix, so I’m thinking there may not be a fix at all, but I figured I’d ask.

I’m hopeful that the Xperia 10 II will have a better fingerprint reader, and so that once the Sailfish X paid release is out, perhaps this could be a suitable enough solution for me if fingerprint unlocks always work on the first or second attempt.

In the meantime, any suggestions or workarounds for the issue I am seeing? Perhaps I’m just overlooking some setting?

Thank you.

1 Like