Aliendalvik not Running when trying to share via an Android application

REPRODUCIBILITY 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION 4.0
HARDWARE XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: Yes

DESCRIPTION:

Aliendalvik starts normally and Android apps, HereWeGo, Sportstracker, Opera, Whatsapp all run as expected.

When you try to share an item from the Gallery and choose the “Android” option there is a message saying, “Aliendalvik not running! Please start any android application first to use this function.”

Aliendalvik is already running, I have confirmed this by opening Android Support plus I already have Android apps running.

All other sharing options work.

PRECONDITIONS:

Normal use.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open Gallery
  2. Choose item to share
  3. Tap sharing icon
  4. Choose Android

EXPECTED RESULT:

Ability to share via an Android app

ACTUAL RESULT:

Get message saying to start Aliendalvik which is already running

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

Share-to-Android is a feature of AlienDalvik Control developed by @coderus. According to the discussions on OpenRepos he’s aware of this issue, he even acknowledges it, however he hasn’t promised and time frame for a fix.

2 Likes

So great you acknowledges my stuff as essential for Sailfish OS. However making 4.0.1 compatible version takes much more time than expected.

6 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I’d forgotten it was part of Aliendalvik Control.

Thank you for all of your efforts. Your work and that of others makes Sailfish so much better.

I can live without this function for the time being as I can do it other ways. However it is a nice function to have. :slight_smile: