4.6.0.13 - X10 III - USB port just charging

Hello,

when I connect my Xperia 10 iii to my computer (Linux and win10) there is no data transfer. It just goes into charging mode. I have tried every cable I own - also cables I know for sure that they are able to transfer data.

I have no clue if its a software or hardware issue, because I havent used that for aged. But sometimes I have problems that the phone charges. A reboot solved that problem, therefore, I do not rule out a software error.

Does anyone have that issue as well?

Did you check the setting in Settings/System/Connections/USB?

Maybe it’s set to Charge Only there. If yes, then set it to Media Transfer (MTP) or - if enabled on your phone - to Developer mode.

1 Like

Yes, I have set it on MTP, developer mode or ask always, but it is just charging.

Imho, you have some dust in your usb-port…

There was a changelog saying something along the lines of ”not showing the ask screen for chargers”. This was reported as fixed: [4.5.0.16] Sailfish asks for USB mode when connecting plain charger

Interesstingly in my case it is the other way around. It doesnt ask at all. It just charges.

No, I have cleaned it. I assue its a software issue.

For me the issue was, only slow charging when i also tried to clean a few times.