[4.6.0.13] Android app says "Your device does not have biometric verifications enabled (fingerprint, face recognition)". Fingerprint support missing in Android?

On my Xperia 10 with SF 4.6 Sauna,
This Android app from the Austrian government (“Digitales Amt”) says, verbatim (translated from German):

“This device does not fulfill security requirements. Please activate the available biometric options (fingerprint or face recognition / iris scan) in the settings.”

Well in the Android settings (go to Sailfish Settings > Android AppSupport > tap “Android version 11” five times) there is no fingerprint sensor available! Android AppSupport seems to think the device has no fingerprint sensor.
In Android Settings > Security > Screen lock, I see:
None, Swipe, Pattern, PIN, Password
It’s set to “None”, and stays that way after I tried to set it to PIN and enter a PIN, same if I do password instead - the setting won’t stick and stays on “None”.
I tried to enable the PIN because a) I believe it’s a necessary first step before enabling fingerprint. and b) because a different Android apps says my device isn’t protected by a PIN (it is though, in Sailfish, obviously)

So three problems, actually:

• Android apps says: biometry/fingerprint is disabled
  • Biometry/fingerprint is actually not available in Android settings
  • If I try to enable PIN instead (which I think is the first step before enabling fingerprint auth), it doesn’t work.
2 Likes

Unfortunately it is not supported

Thank you. Maybe got any source for that? Do we know if it’s on the roadmap?

Seems to be the same issue as above.

2 Likes

i have had the same problem since the “phone signature” (“handysignatur”) was replaced by “id austria” via “digitales amt”.
this app would also be helpful for other things. if you have found a way to use it, i would be grateful.

1 Like