[4.5.0.16][Xperia XA2 Plus] Bluetooth not available

Confirming after official 4.5.0.16 update on XA2 Plus dual sim
Bluetooth won’t turn on at all.
Several reboots, normal (power->top menu) or power+volume_up bring no help.
Settings->Bluetooth Restart doesn’t help either.
Not experienced with console, what exactly must be typed for root to try @jameson’s workaround?

From the console, type:

devel-su

and enter the password you defined in Developer settings. The prompt will change into a #, meaning you are now root.
When you are done, type

exit

and you will switch back to the standard user.

1 Like

Thank you jameson!
Didn’t work for my XA2 plus, sorry to say.
systemctl restart bluetooth, ok
systemctl restart bluebinder, timed out

Try multiple times. Also try multiple times with Bluetooth reset from Utilities, at a certain point it worked for me.

I have the same problem with my Xperia XA2. Rebooting did not help and restaring the service did not seem to help. Restarting bleutooth would finish, but still with no working bluetooth. Restart bluebinder would result in a time-out. Looking at some issues on the bluebinder github page, I found that the rfkill command can list some info about your wireless connections.

[nemo@XperiaXA2 ~]$ rfkill list
0: hci0: Bluetooth
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
1: phy0: Wireless LAN

Under the bleutooth information it first read “Soft blocked: yes”. Pressing the bluetooth icon on pull-down menu would switch the state between yes and no. Once I set it to the “Soft blocked: no” state as listed above I could restart the bluetooth and bluebinder services without problems and bluetooth was working.

Have not yet tested if it will survive a reboot.

When checking the status of the bluetooth service I still get a red line about the reset_adv_monitors_complete function. Not sure what it means, but maybe it will help pin-point the real problem.

feb 12 19:15:42 XperiaXA2 bluetoothd[8357]: src/adapter.c:reset_adv_monitors_complete()
Failed to reset Adv Monitors: Unknown Command (0x01)
4 Likes

First made sure rfkill list
Bluetooth
Then
restart bluetooth
restart bluebinder
Without any problems.
Bluetooth works now, WOW!
A HUGE thank you guys, really appreciate your effort!!!

3 Likes

@lkraav lame question: what does “cold reboot” mean here? how can I make it?

Warm: just reboot, without shutdown.
Cold: complete shutdown, then restart it.

Bug solved in 4.5.0.18.
Edit: Not for everybody, it seems.

2 Likes

Didn’t solve for me. Yes first reboot bluetooth worked, but second time had to use utilities to restart it.
But think update was not to fix bluetooth rather video and audio playback on websites.

1 Like

At least, no Bluethooth fixes are mentioned in the Relase Notes

Bluetooth changes are in the changelog though.

Did not solve the problem in my XA2 (H4113). My XA2 still require both “systemctl restart bluetooth” and “systemctl restart bluebinder” for bluetooth to work on my XA2 - please remove the solved flag.

1 Like

On my xa2+ it was always enough to restart bluetooth twice via Settings-Utilities.

I hope none of my friends and family will find out, the rediculous workaround we need to get our phone working.

3 Likes

this helps. thank you

Hi
After last update .18 bluetooth stopped working.
Any idea?
Thanks

I second this: situation is better(?) with the update but problem is not slved…

what I tend to see is trying to switch on the BT and the restarting BT subsystem from Settings/SFOS Utility solved issue more than not…

Yep, just realised this myself while trying to send a pic to my PC. I had to restart BT using Sailfish-Utilities. My device is an Xperia 10 II.

yet-another observation is restarting BT from utilities will be more successful if WiFi is OFF

1 Like

XA2 here, 4.5.0.18 - few restarts from utilities and it works, but thats not solved.

4 Likes