BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 126.96.36.199
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: Yes; at least in 4.1 and/or 4.0 pairing was possible
I have a Ford Audio system (by Sony), which pairs Bluetooth devices by showing a changing PIN code on the HUD during the pairing process. This worked with 4.0.0 (possibly with 4.1.0, too, but not with 4.2.0 nor 4.3.0. I can’t pair the audio system, because the phone never asks for the PIN code, but the process errors out instead.
- Have a device that pairs with a changing PIN code
- Remove the existing pairing information
- Search for Bluetooth devices from the phone
- Find the device and start pairing
- PIN code is shown on the other device
- The phone asks for the PIN code shown
- PIN is entered
- Pairing is completed
- Phone doesn’t ask for the PIN code (it just spins)
- The process timeouts
I was able to pair the audio system using bluez5-tools after which the GUI can be used to disconnect and connect the device.