[4.2] [Xperia 10 II] Jolla-Gallery won't close properly / can't open video from file manager

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.21
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): X 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?):

DESCRIPTION:

When opening a video in the Gallery app, it won’t close properly when exiting the video (swiping from the side of the screen). When I try to open another video with the file manager, I get the “Open successful. Sometimes the application stays in the background.” popup, but the gallery does not open as it is still running in the background.
I have to kill the current gallery process (e.g. ‘killall jolla-gallery’) to be able to open the video. This works once (I can open the video, but then have the same issue again).

PRECONDITIONS:

jolla-gallery opened previously

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. open the jolla-gallery
  2. minimize it by swiping from either side of the screen
  3. hold the screen and close the gallery thumbnail with the “x”
  4. try to open a video from the file manager

EXPECTED RESULT:

gallery opens and plays the video

ACTUAL RESULT:

“Open successful. Sometimes the application stays in the background.” popup on top of the screen, but gallery is does not open / play the video

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I tried to debug the issue, but couldn’t find any relevant information regarding this issue in journalctl. Do I have to search somewhere else?

1 Like

After some investigation I believe that the issue is linked with my other one: [4.2.0.21] [X10 II] Video player overlay missing from videos

I suspect that xdg-open is not fully adapted to jolla-gallery being run via firejail. My believe is that xdg-open can’t access the already running jolla-gallery process and also can’t spawn a new one since it is being run as single process:
/usr/bin/invoker -s --type=generic /usr/bin/sailjail -p jolla-gallery.desktop /usr/bin/jolla-gallery

I filed a ticket in jollas internal bug tracker for this issue.

This seems to be fixed in 4.3.
Thanks for taking a look into this @Jolla.

1 Like