REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = 188.8.131.52
HARDWARE (XA2, Xperia 10…): Xperia XA2 h3113
UI LANGUAGE: Czech
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes
On XA2 (h3113 single sim), I do experience a problem with Android Gallery not showing pictures and videos and several Android apps do have a problem with (down/up)loading images/videos. Same goes for alternative Gallery apps.
I only updated to Early access version from latest previous 4.0 build. Used this guide to resize home to 10 GB and root to 8 GB.
- when I try to open default Gallery via Nova Launcher, it does show blank black screen without any pictures
- both image and file picker in Discord does not show anything (sharing file into app works)
- trying to download image in Discord restarts the app without actually downloading it
- in Frost (OSS wrapper for mobile Facebook site from F-Droid) downloading an image or video restarts the app
- in Messenger Lite, image upload says “No app for image select found” (normal file select works, downloading an image works)
- in Firefox when I try to download an image, app goes into restarting loop
- in Kiwi browser (Chromium based), when I try to download an image, the app crashes
Images/videos do show everywhere and apps can download/upload them.
Apps do crash/show nothing.
I tried to overcome this with an alternative - Blackberry Gallery, also with a Simple Gallery from F-Droid, but it does not work either (the app itself worked on Pie). On 4.0, everything worked as it is supposed to work. So, overcoming this, usually using “share” button depends on the app. (Solutions are included in steps to reproduce.)
I was able to overcome the downloading by sharing the image/video from almost any source into X-Plore File Manager first and then it worked, but, it is an overkill over just pressing one button…